2008 Jeep Patriot 2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - well I love it but.....

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

well I love it but.....
By hmm on

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my patriot but, I am disappointed in it's lack of of road ability. Let me explain. I bought my Pat brand new and at 3000 miles took it into the mountains of Colorado to go fishing. My clutch cylinder exploded climbing a steep hill. My faith in Jeeps legendary reliability off road has been shaken. Why even call it a jeep? Don't get me wrong I love my Pat, but calling it a Jeep is huge stretch. It is agile on the highways, gets great mpg, does amazing in snow, sand traction is good too, and it looks great. But low clearance, no crawl gear, and a lack of power cause it to die trying to navigate steep slow moving trails. Buy one, love one, but don't expect to keep up with it's brethren.

Favorite Features

A toss up between the gas mileage and the lifetime power train warranty. 30,000 miles and going strong, I will keep it forever or until Jeep buys it back to save on warranty costs. ;)

Suggested Improvements

Follow the retro craze and call it an AMC Eagle as that would prepare the buyer for it's true capabilities or limitations.