2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Terrible with a dash of confus

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Terrible with a dash of confusion
By buckleyjohn on

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First off, I have to agree with everyone here that this is a terrible Jeep. Now, I bought my 2008 Patriot 4x4 Sport with the automatic CVT and 2.4L in New Mexico used in 2010 with about 40k on it. Two days after I bought it, the transmission overheated. They tried to blame it on the fact that the tires didnt match. The front and rear were different profile sized. So, I called them retarded and made them service the transmission by changing the fluid and filter and give me a set of new tires. About 3 months went by. Same thing transmission overheated at 70mph on the highway in the middle of no where. Had to sit in the hot sun for about 3 hours for it to cool down.

No favorite features. 117,000 miles, no body damage, no accidents, minor chips in the paint and minor wear and tear on the inside. I keep my vehicles really nice, have owned a few show cars. Trade in value here in the great state of Alaska. $4000 in 2014. So needless to say, I lost a great deal of money and will never buy another Jeep product again. I traded it in for a Toyota 4 Runner and I am over come with joy.

Transmission: huge issue with overheating and if it does, its about $400 just for a fluid and filter change. Power: Absolutely none, I could feel the difference when I put my two kids in the back seat. Alternator: I am on my fourth one in 4 years. They are hard to swap because of the AC system in the way. They sit way low on the engine, get wet and get fried. Fuel efficiency: Terrible! The best I ever got was 23mpg on the highway doing 40 in a construction zone. Every day driver here in Alaska, 17mpg. Full size V8 trucks do better. With all that said, it is still running. If the maintenance is done, it runs. But it has to be precise to the degree of F1 mechanics.