2008 Jeep Patriot 2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Stay away from the cheap

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Stay away from the cheap jeep
By alanhatesjeep on

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The most expensive car to maintain I have ever owned in 34 years. Like everyone, I have replaced tie rods, and ball joints continuously since I bought this jeep new in 2008. I also replaced the engine in 2012, due to a broken connecting rod, at 118,000 kilometers. Chrysler refused to warrant, as it was past 100,000 km. Thought I would just run it into the ground after I paid over $6,000 to have a used engine installed. Guess what? At a 130,000, a pin in the driver door snapped off and now the door will not close. Probably not a big repair, but enough is a enough. It is no longer insured.

Favorite Features

It did handle well in the snow, when it was running

Suggested Improvements

Ask Chrysler to repay their bailouts immediately, so they can no longer build the lowest quality vehicles in the world
By sunfier
on 02/23/14 19:55 PM (PST)

NOTHING BUT PAIN!!!!!!! was so pleased w it at first but since then have had over 5000$ worth of work done and the only thing to really get fixed was the transmission! had water leakage over the heater core and onto my driving foot on the accelerator at burning temperatures! really dangerous! the transmission was replaced under warranty but jeep actually sends out a claim advisor before the mechanics recommendations r approved! no power getting into intersections OR accelerating at red lights when they turn green, chugs and jerks, dealerships charged 750$ for a supposed loose engine mount (not covered under warranty) and the engine light went off for a while, a month later back on!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!! AM TRADING THIS IN BIG TIME!!!!