2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: CVT TRANSMISSION

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

By kh0864 on

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I just bought a 2008 Patriot, fell in love with it right away!! Loved the rugged looking exterior of an SUV/Truck with the gas mileage of a car! Unfortunately the love was short lived. ONE day after buying this Jeep it started to make a whinning noise which was coming from the front end.. We had a bad feeling it was the CVT transmission so we took it into the Chrysler/Jeep dealership and our suspisions were right.. It needs a new CVT Transmission!! a 5 year old car with 100,000KM on it should NOT need a new transmission!!! So to anyone looking to get a Patriot don't fall in love with the Exterior/Interior when what's under the hood doesnt stand up to par!!!

Rugged Exterior, Roomy interior, Radio and speakers are the best factory sound system I've ever heard!

GET A BETTER TRANSMISSION!!!!! Doesn't matter how nice the Jeep looks if it wont run and your transmission dies after 5 years when Honda's, Toyotas and many other Japanese vehicles go well over 300,000KM
By sarah_bug08
on 08/27/14 07:31 AM (PDT)

I'm having the same problems. I bought my 2008 patriot used back in 2011. It has done fairly well up to this point. I was out of state when I heard a grinding/knocking sound coming from the front. A local shop in the area said it was the transfer case. Brought it home and found it was the transmission. I agree, for a (now) 6 year old vehicle, it shouldn't have these kinds of problems. It just hit 104,000 a few weeks ago.