143,143 miles to date
By west_lawn_mark on
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
We purchased our Patriot new in 2008 and I have put on quite a few miles in that time. I enjoy the car. It is fun to drive, and good in snow. I have heard people complain about FWD Compasses in the snow but I have no similar complaints. I do not worry about driving in the snow at all (except for other drivers). With the electronic traction control I rarely need 4 x 4. I have even taken the Patriot off road on the beach in Corolla, NC and it performed pretty well. I that situation it benefited from being light and not getting bogged down in the sand. The adjustable seat works from my 5' 2" wife and my 6' 4" son in law.
Favorite Features
I like the stability in rain and snow. The gas mileage is good @ 26 mpg. I enjoy driving it. It is stable in the turns, but, not a sports car. The radio, mp3, cd is pretty good, and I love that it has a 110v plug. It is a reliable vehicle. I have over 140k miles and have only suspension repairs to date. I STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL BRAKES!
Suggested Improvements
I have had to replace wheel bearings and tie rods. That was annoying. The engine is a 4 cylinder but it is okay. I was getting hesitation but after cleaning the fuel injectors and replacing the plugs it is running like new.