2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Got Lucky I Guess

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Got Lucky I Guess
By dandt1 on

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Why won't Edmunds let me select a Patriot Sport 4x4 CVT?
After reading all the bad reviews on this car I thought I'd share my experience with our 2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 CVT.
My wife purchased this car by herself brand new in December of 2007 and it currently has 93,000 miles.
She wanted AWD and decent gas milage and liked that the Jeep Patriot came with a lifetime power-train warrantee.
When I met my future wife, the car was a little over a year old so I've had a lot of experience driving it and dealing with the problems.

Honestly, I had very little expectations for this car. In the past I had bad luck with a 1998 Jeep Cherokee and didn't think the brand or Chrysler were putting out good products at the time. However, we've had very few problems with this car and I have to say that it has been very reliable so far. The exterior styling is probably my favorite feature. It also is comfortable on long trips and has good freeway manners.

Like others have said we had to replace both left and right front lower control arms (ball joints). This was done at the dealer and was $$$$$. (700?) The sunroof leaked a couple times, but I cleaned out the drain tubes and it's been fine since (we live in Seattle). The front right wheel speed sensor failed but was covered under warrantee. (the part is only $25) The ESIM (evaporative system integrity monitor) broke and threw a check engine light code (gas cap) but was an easy fix for me to do. The part was expensive about $$80.00 on ebay. That's it in nearly 100,000 miles. (besides new brakes, battery) So I think it's pretty good.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review