Bought with 60k on it
By aaronyrf on
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Well Ive had my Riot for about a half of a year now and no problems to report. Previous owner did regular maintenance on it and Im sure that helped extend the life of the factory parts. Just did a CVT tranny fluid change as indicated by the manual. I was nervous that I would have to take it to the Jeep dealer and sell my soul to pay for the fluid but instead I just asked my neighborhood oil change center and they had all the necessary tools and fluid and it only cost me a hundred dollars. (Just out of curiosity I checked the Jeep dealer in my town and they quoted me 755 dollars!!!!!!! for the 60k servicing.) My advice is ask around. It cant hurt.
Favorite Features
Love the Jeep so far. Its not a race car by any means but Ive never had problems merging or passing or going up hills. CVT performs satisfactory for my needs. Love the great gas mileage! Storage is above average.
Suggested Improvements
The exhaust configuration in the rear of the vehicle gives it a squat appearance. Merely an aesthetic complaint as it doesn't seem to affect the ground clearance.