2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Update- 122k, still no non wea

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Update- 122k, still no non wear repairs
By jeepking on

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review about my Patriot at 60k, only repair then was a light bulb. Since then I have 122k and have only had to replace wear items. Just did a new clutch at 122k, did rear brakes at 110k and front at 120k. My hope is the next clutch goes longer, I live in Minnesota and when I replaced the stock Goodyears with Michelins my snow performance went to ****, I have two wheel drive and did put some snow tires on (Kumhos), and that has worked out well. Point is I think I did a lot of damage to my clutch trying to get out of stuff without snow tires.

I like my Jeep dealer and suggest you go to a dealer versus Tires Plus, Midas, etc. those sorts of places always seem to find stuff wrong and the dealer confirms the repair is not all that needed. And when I get quotes the dealer is less. I think dealers just have more incentive for you to be happy and keep you coming back. They want you to buy another car. Wheras the Tires Plus of the world just want to make as much as they can on that one visit. My advise, if one of those places says you need new shocks, get a second opinion. Yeah there may have been a slight leak but the dealer told me to wait till I noticed it in my ride. And when I do the dealers quote was half.

They should do a better job of attaching the windshield molding, any strong car wash dryer system has blown mine right off. I did have it all glued down and it has not been a problem since.