Let me just tell you...
By SJZ123 on
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Traded in a 2000 Cherokee Sport for an '08 Patriot, was unsure if I wanted to but after test driving it a few times I had to have one. The MPG is great usually runs me about $28-$33 to fill up (lot better then my gas chugging Cherokee which averaged about $50+ a fill up. The Patriot is comfortable, fun to drive, very roomy, feels like a cross between the Cherokee and the Commander. The CVT You have to wait about 1,500 miles for the electronic transmission to dial in to get the correct gear ratios but once it does the performance picks up. I've had mine for about 2 months now and have racked up about 3,500 miles already.
Favorite Features
17 inch rims, reclining rear seat, 115 volt electrical outlet, front and side airbags, pretty decent factory stereo.
Suggested Improvements
New placement for the front dome lights and sunroof buttons. It has more horse power then your average 4 cylinder, I would suggest a little better power transfer setup so you can get it moving faster off the line. Other then those two things I have no complaints about it.