2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Jeep Got it Right

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Jeep Got it Right
By New Patriot Owner on

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've always been loyal to Jeep and have owned two Wranglers, so when I say the Patriot feels like a luxury SUV keep in mind I don't have much to compare it to. But after just a few days zipping around in this wonderful SUV, I can't believe that some owners are giving it only so-so reviews. I bought the Limited Patriot because I was looking for several things: 4-cylinder, comfortable ride with lots of cool stuff (leather, sunroof, heated seats) and of course it has to be a "real" Jeep. Give the folks at Jeep credit - if they didn't create the Patriot they would have lost me as a long-time customer. I was looking at other small, gas-sipping SUV's like the RAV 4 and the CRV. Not now!

Huge interior. Feels and looks bigger than it is. Quiet ride, lots of cool features and great MPG. I actually smile when I fill up now. It won't win any drag races but the CVT engine isn't that bad. Still shaking my head that I got such a complete SUV for around 25k. Exterior's all Jeep!

Perhaps a bigger cargo area. It would be nice to carry four golfers and four sets of golf clubs but that would cut into the spacious seating areas. Other than that, no complaints yet. I hope it will be just as durable and dependable as my other Jeeps. Props to Jeep for some radical thinking!