2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: I love it

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

I love it
By starz on

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I originally ordered a 2007, but due to backlog at the factory, I was bumped to a 2008. I currently have 1200 miles in and I am getting 33.6mpg in a good mix of city and rural driving. I'm very happy about that. I am also impressed by the spunk it has with the 2.4L VVT engine. More than enough for me. It rides extremely smooth and quiet and handles well. Interior is well put together although somewhat outdated in style. I have the manual 5spd and it is probably the smoothest shift I have ever experienced. I also love the idea of the lifetime powertrane warranty. I keep vehicles for at least 10 years.

Manual transmission, ESP, ABS, side airbags, side curtain airbags and 4 and 5 start crash ratings. The cruise control is really easy to use as well. I wasn't thrilled with the YES upholstry to begin with, but it has grown on me and I am starting to appreciate it now. I also prefer its firm seats.

I would like to see a 6spd manual and I would have purchased the CRD version in a heartbeat if it was available in the US. So far only in Europe.