2008 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
regrets
By unhappy on 04/18/09 14:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this because it was affordable and would get good gas mileage. The first horrible thing I noticed was that if you put down the back window and not the front, your ear drums feel like they'll explode. Lacks power, rough ride - you feel every bump, strong winds feel like they'll blow you over. Wish I wouldn't have bought it. If you don't mind a bumpy ride without much power, then this vehicle will suit you. Never again will I buy a Jeep.

loyal jeep owner
By tracy on 04/02/09 08:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my jeep in march 2008, and it is FWD 2.0. I love it and it is good on gas. I have to get used to the autostick, and I really don't use it. But overall I am a jeep fanatic and I really like the fuel efficiency.

1-year Patriot review
By MI guy on 03/26/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just passed a year since I bought a 2008 Jeep Patriot with 2.4-l, 5-speed manual. I have put 9700 miles on it, probably 70% city driving and 30% towing my fishing boat, a 16-foot boat weighing about 900 lbs. During this time, my grand average MPG has been 28.3. I have only driven out of the city twice without the boat in tow, and both times my MPG has been over 30. My worst tank of gas was in December during near-record snowfall when I was running a lot of third gear, and got 25.9 MPG. There have been no automotive problems with the vehicle. It has good heat and good A/C. The underside of the car looks very good after one winter.

To The Head ...
By Angie T. on 03/11/09 13:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Recently purchased Pat 4X4 and so far so good... I don't get the folks that wrote disparaging remarks referencing this units 4X4 capabilities! I took our Pat 4x4 straight out on to Oregon Inlet @ N.C. Outer Banks and drove through the thick sand like spreading butter without taking a pound of pressure out of any tires (It's recommended to lower tire PSI to 20 before attempting to traverse through the thick sandy beaches). In my opinion all I can say regarding the Jeep Patriot 4X4 off roading capability is that all 4X4's are limited by physics; however, the Pat's 4X4 off roading capability is up to Jeep standards and is limited by the drivers capability/expertise. See ya at the Head!

Great SUV
By KYPatriot on 03/07/09 17:12 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Patriot brand new in April 08 and I love it. Forget what professional reviewers say about it compared to the Escape, Rav4, etc., this is comfortable and handles great. Kentucky got hit with a terrible ice storm in early '09, and the Patriot acted like it barely noticed it! The biggest knock on it is the cheap interior materials, but seriously - how often do you touch your dashboard?

patriot lover
By val smith on 02/24/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got over 30000 miles on my patriot already and am very pleased. I live in the N Ga mountains and drive 65 miles one way to work. I'm getting 26 mpg which I am pleased with considering the terrain. The brakes are holding up well as as are the Goodyear tires. I bought the base model but wish I had spent the extra money for the 4wd. I thought the front wheel drive would be adequate enough and it basically is but I do miss the 4wd. This vehicle will see well over 200k miles before I trade it for a new one. Love the lifetime powertrain warranty and will definitely consider another patriot.

Junk Jeep
By Chris on 02/23/09 12:37 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Jeep is alright at best it drives well enough however they leak very badly and this is a common problem if you go on any forum. Jeep doesn't seem to know how to solve the problem. Having said this it does drive well and has decent power, the interior is comfortable but the dash is very cheap looking plastic which jeep is changing in 2009. The console also heats up quite a lot where the heat adjustment knobs are. This has potential to be a very good vehicle however Jeep has to look at it and fix the design flaws first.

08 Patriot FWD AUTO-CVT
By gwapo-gorilla on 02/17/09 05:25 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my patriot used. I wanted a fwd thinking it would get better gas mileage and I needed an automatic for the wife. I am getting about 23 mpg..and the cvt feels weird. When I let off the gas, the trans mission slips into a lower gear slowing the car down. I suppose it helps save on brake pads, but I really don't care for the feel of it. Other than that, it's great car. Plenty of pep for a 4 cyl. but I really wish the wife could drive a stick!

jeepers creepers!!!!
By fmjumps on 02/01/09 10:33 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

From most of the previous reviews owners either rave or rant about their patriot.I have found the vehicle to be trouble free in the 11 months/ 17K of driving i have owned it. The gas mileage is as advertised in 50/50 driving. at 6'3" there is plenty of room in the vehicle. It handles great, has plenty of power for merging without redlining it, the only caveat to this is when it was fully loaded. I have only needed the 4x4 a few times in a record snow fall season in upstate ny. The vehicle is very surefooted and stable in all kinds of weather. the only fit/finish issue i have had is the fan/air direction knobs do not line up with the symbols on dash, small annoyence. Would purchase again

Mostly Satisfied
By Jeep Gurl on 01/29/09 11:39 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Jeep.Living in NE CT is great with this 4x4. I won't live without AWD again. Had issues, but that was with the dealership. Smile every time I see my vehicle. Its a little loud on the highway and not the smoothest ride, but its a JEEP, made for off roading, not luxury

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.