Used 2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Patriot

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

May have just been ours, but...
By Mgoble

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was one of the worst cars we ever bought. It was our 3rd new car purchased. My mom loved the Surf Blue color, so we bought it. The service engine soon light came on twice in 2 weeks, both times it had to be serviced. The tire inflation light came on when the temp was under 50 degrees. We also didn't like it because it set lower than our other SUVs. It also stalled on us at red lights several times. Ours should have been LEMON yellow, instead of blue, we only kept it 5 months.

Favorite Features

Color and Price were the only things we liked.

Suggested Improvements

Better everything!

Jeep Patriot not what I expected
By Cragzop

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 5 speed tranny began to grind at 400 miles. There was a TSB by Jeep and as per, my dealer changed the synchronizers in the tranny. At 7200 miles, no more problems. Squeaking in the passenger seat also covered by a TSB. The dealer performed the "fix" but there is still a squeak. I tracked it down to a seat belt anchor rubbing on a large bolt. My gas mileage around town is about 16mpg. This from a 4 cylinder 5 speed manual! My first foray into an American car since I gave up my 61 Impala. Never again. The quality control just ain't there

Favorite Features

Easy 4wd control

Suggested Improvements

Address quality control

cheap
By plastic

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Find that it makes a lot of noise on the highway and the engine shakes and rattles.The Interior Design is poor, hard to get at any thing. I would not buy North American again

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

better design

Stay away from the cheap jeep
By alanhatesjeep

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The most expensive car to maintain I have ever owned in 34 years. Like everyone, I have replaced tie rods, and ball joints continuously since I bought this jeep new in 2008. I also replaced the engine in 2012, due to a broken connecting rod, at 118,000 kilometers. Chrysler refused to warrant, as it was past 100,000 km. Thought I would just run it into the ground after I paid over $6,000 to have a used engine installed. Guess what? At a 130,000, a pin in the driver door snapped off and now the door will not close. Probably not a big repair, but enough is a enough. It is no longer insured.

Favorite Features

It did handle well in the snow, when it was running

Suggested Improvements

Ask Chrysler to repay their bailouts immediately, so they can no longer build the lowest quality vehicles in the world

Junk 08 Jeep Patriot
By a

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my jeep April and it was the worst thing I Iíve done in my life. The transmission went at around 1000 miles. Iím up to 8000 miles now 3 new transmissions in vehicle. The PCM went in the vehicle and the trans still doesnít shift correctly. When you drive it the engine constantly revs to 6.5 rpm while which gives 16 mpg highway. 23 to 28 mpg thatís a laugh. Itís a lemon.

Favorite Features

the only good thing is the radio system.

Suggested Improvements

everything. get rid of the CVT.