2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Love My Jeep Patriot
By 39thWisInf on 11/14/09 08:16 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Patriot for over two years and have put on about 24,000 miles on it. It still runs like new. I have the 2.4L with a 5sp man trans. I average 26-27mpg on the street and 30 on the highway. The vehicle is underpowered, but considering the MPG I get it is a fair trade off. I enjoy the roomy interior and cargo space. I can haul all my Civil War Reenacting stuff with no problem. I like the Spartan interior which is easy to clean. The biggest knock against it is the small (11.5 gal) gas tank. Value for the price, compared to the other "big three" offerings, was a big plus also. I wanted simple reliable transportation at a decent price. I got it.

I hate this cheap plastic car
By rfernandez on 11/05/09 15:34 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would have never bought this plastic cheap car if i ever knew how poorly made it was. My jeep has been taken back to the dealer ship over 30 times for the sunroof plastic falling the door trim snapping out of place, for it turning off out of no where, for the electrical windows not shutting every now and again for the alarm, for the bottom plastic trim for the entire airbag system that had to be replaced

Does everything I could ask
By Joe on 11/04/09 08:05 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

35,000 miles total, car still sounds and drives great. Pull small bass boat with a 4 cyl and still get over 20 mpg. No mechanical problems at all. Tires replaced at 32,000 (Firestones 17") just no tread left. Good traveling car for three people with plenty of room for baggage. Did I mention avg over 26 mpg on long trips driving over 70 mph (interstate).

Fun to drive and challenge
By mountaineer on 10/14/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We traded our 2005 jeep wrangler in on this 2008 Trail rated Patriot. We got a quiet ride on the highway,(finally)and didn't give up our off road fun. This car definitely has a dual purpose. I recommend this car for its fuel economy. I recommend this car for its easy driving and parking in town and I love this car for the fun of short off road trips.

Tight fit for infant seats
By Justin on 10/05/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car for 18 months. I have had no problems to date. It handles very well in snow, rain, and muddy dirt roads. Fuel economy is around 24-25, but decreases significantly with anything on the roof. I just installed two infant seats and barely fit them in. I am 5'10" and had to pull the seat 1 click forward from my usual position to fit them in. If you have long legs and plan on adding a car seat, buy different car.

could be better, could be worse.
By Warren on 10/04/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Rear view mirror positioned too low causing visibility problems. Plastic door finish vibrates. Lots of road noise. Water leaks in front dome light (could be front window seal?). Impossible to utilize indicator switch at night without flipping to high beam. Great gas mileage (45 imperial mpg @ 60 mph on flat highway, 30 mpg in town). Mechanical no problems whatsoever after 12,000 miles. Tremendous traction in snow.

better than rav-4 & crv
By Pam in LA on 09/29/09 20:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first time writing a review, but had to let everyone know how well the Jeep Patriot drives. I had mine almost two years and haven't had one issue to repair or replace. Love the plastic interior as I have two big dogs. Seats are comfortable and easily cleaned. The performance is great. I do a lot of city driving and still average 24 mpg. I couldn't beat the price of less than $13,000! Well done Jeep. With the money I saved not buying a Rav-4 or CRV, I had a great cross country trip in my Patriot.

Fun to Drive
By Wolfgang on 08/19/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned this Patriot since February 2008. We are glad that we chose and were able to get the manual transmission with the 2.4L engine. You need to plan to accelerate and be in the right gear when passing or other. Yes, it would be nice to have more power (or maybe a small turbo), but it has been a great vehicle. For the price and options we have, it has delivered all we expected and more. The only "glitch" has been on rare occasions where we have experienced some type of "unbalance" when driving and using the 4 x 4. It is not a wheel or tire issue, possibly something with the transfer case. We plan to replace it with an identical model, if we can find one on a dealer lot someday

A Keeper!
By Honey on 08/17/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After driving a van for so many years, I wanted something smaller and more gas efficient. In the city I get 20-21 mpg. I don't touch the "stick shift" and I'm fine with that. On the highway it "a dream" I thought that the small engine would sputter, but it's "smooth as silk", no hesitation in front of any vehicle!! Once friends and family see the style and learn about the package they are impressed, and want to drive my " Flaming Red Beauty"!

Just mine?
By special k on 08/04/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well - I'm a die-hard jeep fan....of Wranglers!! Had a Sahara and then a Rubicon...but the mileage was killing me - so I downgraded to a better MPG model. This car is no fun and I had the engine REPLACED at 13,000 miles and as of today - the entire A/C unit is being replaced as I key. As soon as this lease is up - I'm going back to the Wrangler!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.