2008 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Bargain 4x4
By Dan on 10/28/07 21:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the cheapest 4x4 suv you can find. I got 24 mpg on the first tank. Lots of options and it still was cheap. I can't see myself in a RAV4 or CRV, but this one feels like a real truck.

1st Jeep and Loving It
By 1st Jeep & Love It on 10/25/07 06:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Loving this Jeep. Hard to find the negatives about it. For those who want more power and complain that it's whimpy, go buy something bigger. It's that simple. But if you are looking for a smaller cheaper SUV and want to park in more places than bigger SUVs, then get this Jeep! I recommend this to anyone. Well, the limited version anyway.

What a Jeep
By ShadowRider on 10/23/07 23:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Patriot after much research starting at the time of its intro at the Frankfurt auto show. I have driven Jeeps since '85 and this is the best one yet. I love the handling and spaciousness. The ride is much smoother than many of the midsized and fullsized suvs I have riden in. The 4WD is easy to use and efficient. Bottom line is that I would recommend this vehicle to any of my friends. I love it, and have no intention of driving anything else, except my motorcycle.

Everything I expected
By urbanshag on 10/15/07 08:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have a 2006 4cy Wrangler and the Patriot feels like a jet in comparison. With the manual transmission I can get the car moving right along. So far the gas mileage is around 27 with the miles being mostly freeway. I am going to put a trailer hitch on it and put it to work so I shall see what it can do then. I love the car. I began to look at them 2 weeks after hitting the dealership with the 2007 model. I finally found a deal (newspaper special on a 2008 for $14888) and I jumped on it. I have the very basic version they make and I seem to be missing nothing. Power this and that is always nice but for me not necessary.

Works for us
By Randy Fox on 09/26/07 19:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this for the wife so she could have a safer vehicle for our winters. Winter isn't here yet but we sure love how it drives right now! Nimble steering and great highway ride comfort are 2 big pluses in our book. Gas mileage is about what we expected so we can't complain. (it's not even broke in yet!) So far, all we can say is: bring on the snow.

Sport stick a must
By intrade on 09/12/07 23:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had the 2.0 with CVT and sport stick now for two weeks averaging over 26 mpg, trying. Sport stick is great and makes this a fun driving commuter that I'm not ashamed to be seen in.

I love it
By starz on 09/12/07 14:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I originally ordered a 2007, but due to backlog at the factory, I was bumped to a 2008. I currently have 1200 miles in and I am getting 33.6mpg in a good mix of city and rural driving. I'm very happy about that. I am also impressed by the spunk it has with the 2.4L VVT engine. More than enough for me. It rides extremely smooth and quiet and handles well. Interior is well put together although somewhat outdated in style. I have the manual 5spd and it is probably the smoothest shift I have ever experienced. I also love the idea of the lifetime powertrane warranty. I keep vehicles for at least 10 years.

Jeep Got it Right
By New Patriot Owner on 09/06/07 11:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've always been loyal to Jeep and have owned two Wranglers, so when I say the Patriot feels like a luxury SUV keep in mind I don't have much to compare it to. But after just a few days zipping around in this wonderful SUV, I can't believe that some owners are giving it only so-so reviews. I bought the Limited Patriot because I was looking for several things: 4-cylinder, comfortable ride with lots of cool stuff (leather, sunroof, heated seats) and of course it has to be a "real" Jeep. Give the folks at Jeep credit - if they didn't create the Patriot they would have lost me as a long-time customer. I was looking at other small, gas-sipping SUV's like the RAV 4 and the CRV. Not now!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.