2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: 2008 Jeep Patriot - Fail!

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

2008 Jeep Patriot - Fail!
By disappointed71 on

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new in 2008. Within the first year, dome light would fill with water during a hard rain and would dump all over dash and me! Three years in, the lower ball joints/control arm had to be replaced with under 60,000 mi. Brakes and tires also had to be replace around the same time due to extra strain from the bad control arm. One year later, the ball joints are going bad again! Transmission is also acting up - anytime I travel on the highway for 2 hours or so, the transmission temperature light goes on and the car compensates by slowing me down to 45 mph, forcing me to pull over. Dealership says nothing is wrong with the tranny. I beg to differ!! Hate this car and will trade ASAP!!!

I like the body style and some of the features. They do not, however, make up for the mechanical problems!

Would like to see Jeep stand behind its product by admitting that the lower ball joints/control arm is a defect in this vehicle and cover costs to fix the problem.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By jrh1975
on 08/22/14 18:56 PM (PDT)

I bough my 2008patriot back in May...having problems with leak from the dome light...now water got inside the dashboard and cause a short..my lights won't work..can anybody tell me what to do

By alemer9
on 01/23/13 02:41 AM (PST)

I had the same problem with highway driving.. it wasnt the transmission. I had a bad break sensor.. the car would think I was in park driving down the highway and it would eventually slow me down the light would come on and I would have to pull over and wait a half hour or so before I could continue on. I fought with the dealer for 2 years trying to figure out the problem.. ended up being fixed with new break sensors for $300.