2008 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Wonderful buy
By benandnet on 01/05/08 19:40 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Jeep is wonderful - I traded in a honda accord for it because of the extra room but I still needed great gas mileage. I am getting 25 miles to the gallon in this jeep. Interior room is great and the exterior looks really nice. Great buy for my money. I will be holding on to this one for a while. I like the fact that it came in a 4 cylinder - that really helps with the high price of gas today.

We loved it so much we bought another!
By NewJeepGirl on 12/31/07 20:40 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband loved my '08 Patriot so much we traded his '96 RAV 4 for a base model '08 Patriot. You get so much for the money-considering we would have to pay almost $20K for a used something else that had 30-40K miles, we got him a brand new Patriot for under $18K. Friends of his thought the seats were leather (they're vinyl), the ride is smooth, and he gets 28-29K on the highway. He still has the outside temp guage, low tire pressure sensor, and Lifetime Powertrain warrentee

Neat Jeep
By VOR on 12/28/07 16:58 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this after checking out the Escape and Outback. The Patriot is a much better value and a much better off road and winter vehicle. I special ordered the Sport 4x4 with a manual shift and have been driving in snow pretty much since I got it. The combination of 4WD, stick-shift, and anti-skid mechanism is great - especially for the price I paid. It also has a quiet smooth ride with comfortable front seats. The reason I sold my truck for it though was because I needed better gas mileage. It's great.

Very Impressive SUV
By teebyrd86 on 12/19/07 18:14 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 05' Toyota Corolla S for my new '08 Patriot with upgraded rims, tinted windows, keyless ect. (everything the limited has but those cheap looking leather seats!) I do miss things about my Toyota but the Patriot suites me a lot more. It has plenty of room for my frame (6'4) and it very comfortable. The best thing about my Patriot was the price. I totally recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a nice SUV at a great price. Going from a Toyota to a Jeep is a big difference but I am glad I made the transition back to Jeep (my first car was a Wrangler!) You definitely get more for money with Jeep.

Patriot Update Bought a Second one...
By NewJeepGirl on 12/16/07 07:52 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We've had 4 winter storms to date. Last storm dumped 10 inches. Drove home with no problems-slight slip in the intersections, but even our 97 Expedition slipped in that too. Very capable in the snow! Used 4WD lock to get in the driveway-works great! My husband loves mine so much, we just got him one yesterday-stripper for $17K-how can you beat that for the milage and 4WD? Even the vinyl seats don't feel cheap-looks like leather. Still has side impact airbags, ABS, electronic stablility control, tire pressure alarm light and outside temp guage. A lot of bang for the buck- plus it's a nice Marine blue-very sharp! Looking forward to better milage. Trading 96 RAV 4 that's only getting 20MPG.

Go Patriot!
By urban dog on 12/13/07 21:52 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking to replace my 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS and I happened upon the Patriot reviews on this site. I checked out the specs, ratings, and comparisons and really liked what i saw. I jumped on to the Jeep site, built my own, and submitted my request. Next day, a nice lady from the dealer called me and to make a long story short, I'm a proud owner of an 08 Patriot sport 5sp 2x4. (w/ a few bells and whistles) What can I say..Good looking retro Cherokee looks, nice ride, peppy 4 banger w/ good mileage, roomy, great safety features, auxilary jack on the radio is awsome, and the insurance was cheaper than the Matrix. The Patriot is not God's gift to man, but it sure make me happy.

I like it
By Mike Lowery on 12/09/07 11:08 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm in the military and bought this through the on post car sales and I've only been driving it about a month and some change. But so far I really enjoy the vehicle like said earlier dosen't have a lot of off the line power but it has more HP than the average 4 banger, especially considering the last 4 banger I drove was in 94. Anyway all around I personally think its a great deal and the test drive is what took me to this over the Dodge Nitro. Not as flashy but rides smoother and dosen't have a huge parking brake right beside your thigh, that's just my opinion though go test drive it yourself see how you like it versus these reviews

Very Happy So Far
By NewJeepGirl on 12/07/07 18:13 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 05 Xterra for this Patriot. Wanted better gas mileage and better quality-Xterra leaked oil at 23K and ABS computer quit at 400miles. Just had our first snow fall-Patriot is sure footed and secure. Like the 5 star crash rating and side curtain airbags. 5spd manual shifts very smoothly. My family can get in and out of the car much easier than the X. I like driving it much more than I anticipated. Get a lot of bang for the buck-Lifetime powertrain warrenty, plus moonroof, outside thermometer, power windows, ABS, Stability control,etc. Glad Jeep still makes 5spd tranny's. Milage 22 city 28 hwy plus roomy trunk & legroom made me choose this over Suzuki SX4. Like it more every day

Really Impressed with this New Jeep
By NewJeepGirl on 11/30/07 15:40 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a Patriot-traded my 05 Xterra after it started leaking oil at 23K. Really like the Patriot-great combo of family utility, 4WD, and roominess for a reasonable price. Impressed with the sticker gas mileage. Was able to get a moonroof, outside temp guage and tire pressure monitor for under 21K. I'm really glad Jeep still offers a 5 speed. So tired of getting auto trannys crammed down my throat! Jeep offers a lot of bang for the buck-for those who want a roomy family friendly 4WD, take one for a test drive-you'll be suprised! I couldn't believe all of the features it has for the money. Can't beat the lifetime powertrain warrenttee. Extending the bumper 2 bumper isn't 2 expensive

Let me just tell you...
By SJZ123 on 11/15/07 06:17 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 2000 Cherokee Sport for an '08 Patriot, was unsure if I wanted to but after test driving it a few times I had to have one. The MPG is great usually runs me about $28-$33 to fill up (lot better then my gas chugging Cherokee which averaged about $50+ a fill up. The Patriot is comfortable, fun to drive, very roomy, feels like a cross between the Cherokee and the Commander. The CVT You have to wait about 1,500 miles for the electronic transmission to dial in to get the correct gear ratios but once it does the performance picks up. I've had mine for about 2 months now and have racked up about 3,500 miles already.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.