Used 2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

2008 Patriot 4x4
By ASG

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 100 miles a day round trip and it doesn't beat you up. traded in the Subaru outback, and am very pleased with MPG (26-28) compared to sticker rating. I like the non carpet in the back, we have 2 large dogs. Visibility is great compared to other models. Tested out the 4x4 today and worked fine in the snow/ice. When my other SUV gets retired soon, I plan on purchasing another patriot (4x2).

MPG, controls are easy to get at.

Roof rack to have cross arms standard. no option to plug in Ipod on 6 disc changer.

One Word - Excellent!
By bluesky

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I normally do not take the time to provide feedback, but feel obligated, given I often look at others opinions before buying. In short, this car is excellent! You can't go wrong. I've owned it almost a year now. No problems whatsoever. It's fun to drive, responsive and intelligently designed. The on board computer display is a nice feature (forget what it's called), as it not only gives you the outside temp,but warns you of such things as low tire pressure, etc. I'm ave about 26 to 28 mpg.

Solidly built and responsive.

Love My Jeep Light
By Karen

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee for 11 years and wanted another Jeep. Decided to try a bare bones model instead and couldn't be happier. Great car with all the reliability I have come to count on with a Jeep. Its tight handling and good fuel economy have made driving it a real pleasure. I love the "Old School" look of the front of the car. I affectionately refer to it as my " Jeep Light" all the things I have come to love about the Jeep brand, at a lower price tag.

Love the interior two tone color scheme and again the front profile really distinguishes it from the rest of the pack

Reconfigure the front seat adjustment bars. They tend to stick out a bit too far .

All Jeep, Practical Transportation
By job2133

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this vehicle as a second car and my wife's daily driver for work. Since we live in the Northeast, we wanted to get a 4 X 4. We looked at the Honda CR-V, Saturn VUE, and the RAV 4 but no one could touch the price of the Jeep Patriot and the lifetime power train warranty. I am very pleased with the Trail Rated Version and as a second vehicle to a Chevrolet Suburban, it fits the bill perfectly for low cost, 4 wheel drive, fuel efficiency and the historic look of Jeep. Yes this vehicle is a little noisy and does not drive like our Suburban, but what do you expect? It is practical transportation that gives you many standard safety features, low cost and rugged looks.

Trail Rated package. Easy to clean interior. Great Jeep looks.

More comfortable arm rests although the 2009 model year has a more refined interior. Little better economy, (although I cannot get a good read on it since my wife drives it a little too fast).

Very Pleased!
By Ringer

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have been very happy with our Patriot. The Manual 5 speed gets excellent gas mileage averaging 28mpg and even up to 30. It actually has sufficient power considering its size. You're not going to break any land speed records, but it has enough power loaded down to get over both passes from western Colorado to Denver without being stuck behind the semis. The patriot is a great value for the money especially with all the options and the safety features. The only downfalls have been having to take it in to repair a the left turn signal that stopped canceling itself, as well as it being a little hesitant to engage in reverse while facing downhill. Cons are outweighed by the pros if it lasts.

Favorite features are great gas mileage, folding down seats, sound system, four wheel drive options, safety features ie side curtain airbags, tire pressure monitoring,stability control, position of stick shift, plastic cargo area, back seat space, comfortable seats, removable flashlight, and 110 plg

Improvements should include more cushiony armrests, better cup holder placement, better utilization of up front storage space, sturdier cargo floor, more insulated cabin if it doesn't add too much to cost and weight ratio for gas mileage, back window that flips open, and another power plug in.

• SUV