Used 2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

"little tank"
By Northern

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was sort of stuck with the purchase of the Patriot because of credit and wasn't sure if it was the "One for me" but it turns out its the best thing that I have ever bought. While the interior needs a bit of work (on the base model at least), I haven't had any complaints. I live in the northern part of BC where we get massive amounts of snow every year and haven't got stuck or spun out once. We have nicknamed it the little tank! We can literally go anywhere. I do agree with others that there is a lot of road noise but with 2 kids and a dog we hardly notice. When its time to trade her in I will be looking at Jeep again!

Favorite Features

The "go anywhere" ability of the vehicle. Very important in the North.

Suggested Improvements

Interior design. Its a bit cramped with 2 car seats in the back (especially when you have to cram another adult but in the back)

Great so far
By DAD16

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a new Jeep Patriot with all the bells and whistles for my wife. It's a nice ride around town and comfortable on long trips. The gas tank is small but the good gas mileage makes up for it. The price is so good I think I'm going to get in for my son.

Favorite Features

Navigation and hands free phone system is wonderful. Sound system is first class and sirus radio is good for long trips. The transmission shifting is different than most car but I found I hit a break less than my other car which helps save gas.Controls,cup holders,armrest & storage are in the place.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing in do not like is the rear window and the black tinting around it.

2008 Patriot 4x4
By ASG

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 100 miles a day round trip and it doesn't beat you up. traded in the Subaru outback, and am very pleased with MPG (26-28) compared to sticker rating. I like the non carpet in the back, we have 2 large dogs. Visibility is great compared to other models. Tested out the 4x4 today and worked fine in the snow/ice. When my other SUV gets retired soon, I plan on purchasing another patriot (4x2).

Favorite Features

MPG, controls are easy to get at.

Suggested Improvements

Roof rack to have cross arms standard. no option to plug in Ipod on 6 disc changer.

One Word - Excellent!
By bluesky

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I normally do not take the time to provide feedback, but feel obligated, given I often look at others opinions before buying. In short, this car is excellent! You can't go wrong. I've owned it almost a year now. No problems whatsoever. It's fun to drive, responsive and intelligently designed. The on board computer display is a nice feature (forget what it's called), as it not only gives you the outside temp,but warns you of such things as low tire pressure, etc. I'm ave about 26 to 28 mpg.

Favorite Features

Solidly built and responsive.

Love My Jeep Light
By Karen

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee for 11 years and wanted another Jeep. Decided to try a bare bones model instead and couldn't be happier. Great car with all the reliability I have come to count on with a Jeep. Its tight handling and good fuel economy have made driving it a real pleasure. I love the "Old School" look of the front of the car. I affectionately refer to it as my " Jeep Light" all the things I have come to love about the Jeep brand, at a lower price tag.

Favorite Features

Love the interior two tone color scheme and again the front profile really distinguishes it from the rest of the pack

Suggested Improvements

Reconfigure the front seat adjustment bars. They tend to stick out a bit too far .