2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Great SUV
By oscar on 03/14/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a FWD SUV with good price and capabilities, this Patriot was the answer. Driving is fun despite the CVT, thanks to the shiftronic. Good size and looks. 2.4L engine is capable but my wife complains it is a little bit noisy (for me it is perfect as it reminds me that I am NOT driving a car).

Super Happy with the Patriot!
By VjaneC on 03/14/08 06:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Jeep Patriot is a GREAT vehicle! I am a mom of a 6 year old, and it gives us plenty of space for friends, sport equipment, etc. Also, it handles beautifully in the Michigan winter (and this year we had some crazy high snow!) I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Even my husband enjoys driving it, and says it's a nice, smooth ride.

Great rig
By Alaskan on 03/10/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We've owned Jeep Cherokees and Grand Cherokees in the past. We spent several months online researching vehicles online. We bought the Patriot online and via phone without ever test driving it. The price and warranty options cinched the deal for us. We are not disappointed! The vehicle is everything and more than we hoped for, it handles well on ice, in snow and extreme cold. We are getting 29 mph, which includes some off road, town and lots of highway driving. It replaces a wonderful Subaru Outback that was getting older.

So long Toyota
By luvit on 03/04/08 20:28 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but a Toyota for 20 plus years until now. After my last Toyota going back to dealer as a lemon, I picked up the Jeep and love. I did not think the ride would come close to a Toyota but it has, and in my view even a little better. I have not heard the so called screaming red line engine noise to get up to speed on the highway, in fact I feel a better performance than my Toyota did. Yes it has the Jeep look and interior, but really not that bad at all. It does feel safe on the road with a good view of what is around you, a problem I had with the Toyota blind spots to the side rear. All in all, I am glad I made the change.

Fuel
By Mark on 02/26/08 11:25 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle for several reasons. Warranty, fuel economy, USA made, off road abbility, price. Im happy with everything so far except for fuel. the dealer blames it on winter and blended fuel. He said when we switch to summer blend it will get better. On the highway Im at 19.5 MPG all around about 18 I have 1000 miles on it is 3.5 weeks old. I owned a Chevy 4 door truck if the fuel does not improve I will be sorry. Everyone else says they are getting 25 MPG.( perhaps they are optimistic) I live in Wisconsin.

Jeep Patriot
By RDAgan on 02/11/08 16:54 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Me and my wife just purchased a Jeep Patriot. We were looking a a Toyota 4- Runner and a Nissan Murano, previously but by mistake we pulled into the Jeep lot. So we got out and looked at the Patriots. After test driving it and talking with the salesman about it we ended up making the purchase. we get about 23 mpg and for an SUV thats pretty good. We got it for approximately $21,000. We love it it drives great you have plenty of room. We purchased it because we have a baby on the way and it has plenty of safety features. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a SUV with a smaller budget like us.

At least test drive if considering a SUV
By dragonant on 01/28/08 15:11 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove and now enjoy my trail rated 2008 Patriot. The CVT even as a baby has enough umph to throw our heads back. I currently average over 20mpg city but expect it to improve in a thousand miels or so. Inside is roomy for my tall 200+ self, wife and son's carseat. The ride is very smooth, stable, and quite. Drives better than a base Chevy HHR and better than the Dodge Caliber IMHO. Previously I had a '05 Dakota, it served it's purpose I needed more MPG all though an excellent truck, I wanted something closer to a sedan economy/handling wise but still get off- road. Well loaded yet affordable

Best Buy Small SUV, No Question!
By Jimmy d on 01/20/08 10:52 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a solid 4 wheel drive small SUV. I did an extensive comparison with Rav 4 / CR-V / and all the others in this class. no one could touch it for price vs. features. Plus it still has a little German influence, i.e. Pwr assist brakes and anti-roll mitigation. Very solid, quiet and I think, with the leather seats (Ltd) a luxurious interior. I covered the Grey dash surfaces with fake burl wood and it just popped. A very surprising value for the money. Very pleased. I would only like to see the milage improve, and after 1st oil change and a few thou miles, I'm sure it will. You cannot beat this buy anywhere at any price! This is a home run! Toyota and Honda - better go run and hide.

The perfect ride!
By Kevin Bharne on 01/17/08 18:13 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Out of searching for a good SUV, this one is perfect. I got the D package, because I hate power windows, and remotes, so it saved money. It has 4x4 with the Freedom Drive I CVT2. I bought it for road driving, but got 4wd in case I need to go off-road for something, and for snow and heavy rain. So far, it has been great. It handles very well, and now that I'm getting used to the CVT, has great acceleration. You can really feel the AWD help in daily driving, and the 4wd locking lever is easily accessible So far, been having about 24 mpg on average, with a combination of city and highway driving. This is definitely the vehicle for the more sensible buyer. And best of all, made in USA!

Love My Patriot
By Jeeper on 01/14/08 16:00 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2008 Patriot is "most excellent". Considering that I got a relatively maxed out 4x4 limited for $23,500, it is truly an outstanding value. I did choose the 5 speed manual over the automatic and am quite pleased with the result. Handling is nimble and I like the Jeep styling. Have logged over 9K miles in less than 6 months. Had one experience in very slippery snow conditions, and found it had better traction than my '94 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. Fuel mileage has been 25 - 28 mpg for combined highway/city driving. The Boston acoustic speakers are outstanding - it is terrific for tailgating. Space utilization is excellent. Like the interior materials and they are easy to keep clean.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.