Used 2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

almost but not quite
By cephas73

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Smooth ride, good styling, plenty of room. Poor fit and finish. Sensor that controlled brakes broke and caused brakes to fail when applying them when going over any type of bump. Water leaks into vehicle from the rear brake light. Turn signal does not turn off after turning. It is too bad that these things have happened because the vehicle is a great idea it just was poorly built. It has 7000 miles.

Favorite Features

nice stereo. smooth shifting trans.

Suggested Improvements

more power. better brakes. closer attention to detail.

Jeep Patriot Limited '08
By Yay! Jeep

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my patriot almost two months ago and I love it! Its the perfect size suv and the limited is worth the money. I cant live without the heated seats and I also like how you can see how many miles you have left in a tank of gas. It's really fun to drive and has a sharp little box look. I researched cars for months and im really happy with my decision to buy the patriot.

Favorite Features

dash board settings, heated seats, iPod holder, comfort, etc...

Suggested Improvements

Trunk floor panel should be made out of a material that doesn't allow cargo to slide around. the plastic floor doesn't hold things in place.

Reliable...that's it
By TC

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

If your looking for a car with no power and no flash than here ya go. I have the bare bones model because of the price, but wish I would have spent the couple K more for 4WD and added features. The car would be a great commuter and that's it. Far from trail rated (it's a Dodge Caliber with a Jeep logo stamped on it).

Favorite Features

Reliable, and good head room (I'm 6'4" and have plenty of head room).

Suggested Improvements

Bare bones model is not the way to go. Missing my CC, power windows and locks and keyless entry.

so far so good
By downsizinginpa

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to write a review because when I was looking for new car automatic the Edmunds' reviews were very helpful. I scaled down from a minivan to a small SUV, but really the Jeep Patriot is a modern day station wagon. I wanted better gas mileage and am I getting it, averaging 25 mph and on strictly highway 31 mph. That's what should happen with a 2.4 liter 4- cyl. engine, peppy and ride is smooth enough. Went w/out 4x4 to get better mileage. Basic sound system fine. One chip in the paint around the wheel well that's a concern. Since I've only had it a few months I'll try to check back. Status of my extended warranty unsure now but still try to buy American.

Favorite Features

great gas mileage for size (seats 5 with nice cargo area, I got is for a great price

Suggested Improvements

Other reviews I read are true...unless you're really short, your head bumps into raised tailgate. Power locks standard would be nice or at least locks you can grip, but I like crank windows

Love my 5 sp Limited
By JeeperCreeper

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 5 speed Limited after driving numerous others including the ridiculously over-priced Escape Hybrid. That Pat blew them away in price, MPG and styling. On summer blend fuel it gets 32 in combi driving and up to 34 on the open hwy. Winter blends about 30 combi. No problems and it's cheaper to insure than an Escort hatchback (that one really shocked me). I've had it in the hwy, city, and mountains and it performs well in all venues. This is one of Chrysler's best kept secrets..

Favorite Features

Love the handling and the 5 speed. The high MPGs is a great plus.

Suggested Improvements

A little refining of the interior would be nice, but it is a Jeep, not a 300....