2008 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Patriot a pleasant surprise!
By Larry from Michigan on 04/01/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the Patriot for two weeks now, and I am so far very pleased with this vehicle. The five-speed transmission is forgiving and responsive. The ride is quiet (in fact, the first time I came to a stop sign, I thought the engine had killed). The suspension is perfect- firm but not brittle-feeling. Vinyl seats have been nice, firm and comfortable. The vehicle rolls very freely in neutral, and the resultant glide is nice if you like to coast in to stop signs for better gas mileage. My first tank of gas gave me 33 mpg in mixed suburban driving, no freeway. There is good visibility around the car. I love driving it.

Jeep No. 7
By KG on 03/30/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a '99 Grand Cherokee. Better gas mileage, better rear seat legroom (also a huge improvement over the regular Cherokee's). The mile commute off blacktop gives no issues for me. Cruise control works much better on hilly highways with the CVT over a traditional transmission. Absolutely no regrets thus far.

A Move Up As Far As I AM Concerned
By GHW on 03/28/08 05:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I guess the performance is in the mind of the user. I have owned a Cherokee Sport, a Grand Cherokee Laredo and a Liberty. For value per dollar spent, I'll take the Patriot hands down. I have the 4WD with the CVT and I don't experience the "Performance-robbing" attributes that are described by the reviewer. If jumping on it to merge is your goal, you may want to think about souping up a Neon or Eclipse. I didn't buy any of my Jeeps for their ability to go 0 - 60, that's absurd. I drive them because they are sound and safe vehicles. The ride in my Patriot is smooth as silk and surprisingly quiet. I don't have any problems getting to 70 mph or maintaining it.

A Ray of Sun
By Mr Rod on 03/20/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had My Patriot for 2 days now, but I must say I love it. I traded in a '02 Maxima. I has excellent room for me and 3 other adults has plenty power and is great on gas. I love the Orange Burst Pearl color, very unique for a Jeep!! I feel larger than it really is, as I look over the long hood. The handling is also great this thing turns on a dime! It also has a forgiving ride that doesn't hurt my liver as i hit imperfections on the horrible roads in Louisiana! Jeep you created a lovely SUV for the masses!!

Patriot's a real bargain
By Curt-Michigan on 03/16/08 07:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking at gas sipping little cars and ran across the Patriot. Was shocked to see it gets 28mpg, took a drive and was sold. Had an old Wrangler years back and this thing is like a BMW next to it, very nice and tight ride. Great interior room, and lots of headroom too. You can sit real adults in the backseat, great Jeep looks, and all while getting great gas mileage. We got some bells and whistles in ours and still got it out the door for 15600, don't know how jeep is selling these so cheap. Don't listen to complaints about cheap interior quality, Jeep made it that way so it's easy to clean, it's all wipe off surfaces, cargo area too. Congrats to Jeep, they did a great job on this.

Best bet for the money
By Curt-Northern Mich on 03/15/08 06:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking at Pontiac Vibe, Ford Focus, and other gas sippers when I came across the Patriot. Got a new '08 front wheel drive, fairly loaded, with a manual tranny for 15600 including taxes etc., how could I say no to that? Getting 30 mpg on highway, great ride, lots of head room and seating, nice layout. Jeep did a great job on this, and the lifetime engine is just more icing on the cake. Got $3000 total rebates, I don't know why they're selling these so cheap.

Great SUV
By oscar on 03/14/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a FWD SUV with good price and capabilities, this Patriot was the answer. Driving is fun despite the CVT, thanks to the shiftronic. Good size and looks. 2.4L engine is capable but my wife complains it is a little bit noisy (for me it is perfect as it reminds me that I am NOT driving a car).

Super Happy with the Patriot!
By VjaneC on 03/14/08 06:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Jeep Patriot is a GREAT vehicle! I am a mom of a 6 year old, and it gives us plenty of space for friends, sport equipment, etc. Also, it handles beautifully in the Michigan winter (and this year we had some crazy high snow!) I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Even my husband enjoys driving it, and says it's a nice, smooth ride.

Great rig
By Alaskan on 03/10/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We've owned Jeep Cherokees and Grand Cherokees in the past. We spent several months online researching vehicles online. We bought the Patriot online and via phone without ever test driving it. The price and warranty options cinched the deal for us. We are not disappointed! The vehicle is everything and more than we hoped for, it handles well on ice, in snow and extreme cold. We are getting 29 mph, which includes some off road, town and lots of highway driving. It replaces a wonderful Subaru Outback that was getting older.

So long Toyota
By luvit on 03/04/08 20:28 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but a Toyota for 20 plus years until now. After my last Toyota going back to dealer as a lemon, I picked up the Jeep and love. I did not think the ride would come close to a Toyota but it has, and in my view even a little better. I have not heard the so called screaming red line engine noise to get up to speed on the highway, in fact I feel a better performance than my Toyota did. Yes it has the Jeep look and interior, but really not that bad at all. It does feel safe on the road with a good view of what is around you, a problem I had with the Toyota blind spots to the side rear. All in all, I am glad I made the change.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Jeep Patriot Suv in NJ is:

$201 per month*