Used 2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Finally a fuel miser Jeep
By jepstr67

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have logged 21000 miles on this Jeep since March of 2008. Not a single problem. Power and performance are more than adequate for my driving style. My mileage is well within the stated numbers. Often a little better, 30 MPG highway is common for me. The cargo space is good. Lots of room for lumber, dogs, furniture and garage sale finds. This is NOT a Jeep designed for difficult trails and extended off road use. It is excellent for northern climates where snow and ice are common. The car is quiet and comfortable. It is possible to keep the cabin comfortable in temperatures from -20 to 100 degrees. There is some road noise but not excessive. Lets be reasonable, look at the price.

5 speed manual transmission. 4 wheel drive. Good handling on snowy roads. I like the available vinyl seats, manual locks and windows. The D-package offers real traditional spartan no frills Jeep styling.

It would be really helpful if the tailgate window would open by itself. Fold flat passenger seat on all models. 12 volt outlets in the cargo area, rear of console and in the shelf in front of the passenger would be nice. Computer should allow more tire size options to be programmed.

Great for the price....BUT
By Murph

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Look for the price that you pay, this vehicle is great but there are some drawbacks that you should know about. The first is that the CVT has a serious lag when accelerating from being stopped. The car has great pep when punching it in the 50-70 mph range. I actually like the interior design but I upgraded the seat material etc. The tailgate is low and I crack my head on it like others. The mileage I get is about 24mpg. Even on a full highway trip, I get this b/c the RPS get a little high. Four wheel drive handles great in the snow. All in all a good little car. It isn't great but I would say you get more than what you pay for. The CVT is clearly the thing that needs to be improved.

4 wheel drive, affordability, fun to drive

Needs higher clearance, CVT improvements

almost but not quite
By cephas73

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Smooth ride, good styling, plenty of room. Poor fit and finish. Sensor that controlled brakes broke and caused brakes to fail when applying them when going over any type of bump. Water leaks into vehicle from the rear brake light. Turn signal does not turn off after turning. It is too bad that these things have happened because the vehicle is a great idea it just was poorly built. It has 7000 miles.

nice stereo. smooth shifting trans.

more power. better brakes. closer attention to detail.

Jeep Patriot Limited '08
By Yay! Jeep

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my patriot almost two months ago and I love it! Its the perfect size suv and the limited is worth the money. I cant live without the heated seats and I also like how you can see how many miles you have left in a tank of gas. It's really fun to drive and has a sharp little box look. I researched cars for months and im really happy with my decision to buy the patriot.

dash board settings, heated seats, iPod holder, comfort, etc...

Trunk floor panel should be made out of a material that doesn't allow cargo to slide around. the plastic floor doesn't hold things in place.

Reliable...that's it
By TC

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

If your looking for a car with no power and no flash than here ya go. I have the bare bones model because of the price, but wish I would have spent the couple K more for 4WD and added features. The car would be a great commuter and that's it. Far from trail rated (it's a Dodge Caliber with a Jeep logo stamped on it).

Reliable, and good head room (I'm 6'4" and have plenty of head room).

Bare bones model is not the way to go. Missing my CC, power windows and locks and keyless entry.