2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Love it!
By Vixster on 04/08/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had an 05 Trailblazer that was only getting 13 mpg...went to see what Jeep had in a diesel version - test drove the Patriot and walked out with it. Live in central Oregon, most of the time didn't even have to put it into 4wd when it snowed..great handling, zippy. Very happy with this purchase..getting 22-24 mpg in town and 26-28 on road trips...have never owned a Jeep, and am impressed with this vehicle!

Like my Cherokee, but Better Mileage
By Doug on 04/08/08 06:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Totaled my beloved '99 Cherokee in a crash that could have killed me, but I walked away from. Wanted another Cherokee, but with better mileage. After reading about everyone's complaints regarding power, I test drove a 5-speed manual Patriot. It seems whatever issues people have with lack of acceleration can be blamed on the CV-tranny, not the engine. "But how can I talk on the phone and sip my latte and drive a manual transmission?" You can't. Go buy a Kia. After two months, I am extremely pleased with this car. One of my initial reservations about buying it (it had everything I was looking for for less $) was that I wasn't seeing any on the roads. Seems I am seeing more and more each week.

Small but good
By auto on 04/02/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Like this better than compass. Doesn't have as many blind spots. Ride is Nice , seats are comfortable, transmission is smooth and lifetime on power train is great

Patriot a pleasant surprise!
By Larry from Michigan on 04/01/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have had the Patriot for two weeks now, and I am so far very pleased with this vehicle. The five-speed transmission is forgiving and responsive. The ride is quiet (in fact, the first time I came to a stop sign, I thought the engine had killed). The suspension is perfect- firm but not brittle-feeling. Vinyl seats have been nice, firm and comfortable. The vehicle rolls very freely in neutral, and the resultant glide is nice if you like to coast in to stop signs for better gas mileage. My first tank of gas gave me 33 mpg in mixed suburban driving, no freeway. There is good visibility around the car. I love driving it.

Jeep No. 7
By KG on 03/30/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a '99 Grand Cherokee. Better gas mileage, better rear seat legroom (also a huge improvement over the regular Cherokee's). The mile commute off blacktop gives no issues for me. Cruise control works much better on hilly highways with the CVT over a traditional transmission. Absolutely no regrets thus far.

A Move Up As Far As I AM Concerned
By GHW on 03/28/08 05:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I guess the performance is in the mind of the user. I have owned a Cherokee Sport, a Grand Cherokee Laredo and a Liberty. For value per dollar spent, I'll take the Patriot hands down. I have the 4WD with the CVT and I don't experience the "Performance-robbing" attributes that are described by the reviewer. If jumping on it to merge is your goal, you may want to think about souping up a Neon or Eclipse. I didn't buy any of my Jeeps for their ability to go 0 - 60, that's absurd. I drive them because they are sound and safe vehicles. The ride in my Patriot is smooth as silk and surprisingly quiet. I don't have any problems getting to 70 mph or maintaining it.

A Ray of Sun
By Mr Rod on 03/20/08 08:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had My Patriot for 2 days now, but I must say I love it. I traded in a '02 Maxima. I has excellent room for me and 3 other adults has plenty power and is great on gas. I love the Orange Burst Pearl color, very unique for a Jeep!! I feel larger than it really is, as I look over the long hood. The handling is also great this thing turns on a dime! It also has a forgiving ride that doesn't hurt my liver as i hit imperfections on the horrible roads in Louisiana! Jeep you created a lovely SUV for the masses!!

Patriot's a real bargain
By Curt-Michigan on 03/16/08 07:07 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking at gas sipping little cars and ran across the Patriot. Was shocked to see it gets 28mpg, took a drive and was sold. Had an old Wrangler years back and this thing is like a BMW next to it, very nice and tight ride. Great interior room, and lots of headroom too. You can sit real adults in the backseat, great Jeep looks, and all while getting great gas mileage. We got some bells and whistles in ours and still got it out the door for 15600, don't know how jeep is selling these so cheap. Don't listen to complaints about cheap interior quality, Jeep made it that way so it's easy to clean, it's all wipe off surfaces, cargo area too. Congrats to Jeep, they did a great job on this.

Best bet for the money
By Curt-Northern Mich on 03/15/08 06:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking at Pontiac Vibe, Ford Focus, and other gas sippers when I came across the Patriot. Got a new '08 front wheel drive, fairly loaded, with a manual tranny for 15600 including taxes etc., how could I say no to that? Getting 30 mpg on highway, great ride, lots of head room and seating, nice layout. Jeep did a great job on this, and the lifetime engine is just more icing on the cake. Got $3000 total rebates, I don't know why they're selling these so cheap.

Great SUV
By oscar on 03/14/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a FWD SUV with good price and capabilities, this Patriot was the answer. Driving is fun despite the CVT, thanks to the shiftronic. Good size and looks. 2.4L engine is capable but my wife complains it is a little bit noisy (for me it is perfect as it reminds me that I am NOT driving a car).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.