2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Mine broke down
By christy on 05/01/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I read every other review & did lots of research and after an hour long test drive bought my Patriot. I loved it until 35 miles down the road it broke down. It has been towed in & dealer is repairing. I wanted a new one but..no luck. They said when they filled it up a lot of water got in tank. They are draining tank & I hope to be going soon. However, I remain concerned.

Almost perfect
By Jim on 05/01/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

If the front seats were built better, this would be the perfect vehicle. It is the perfect size, gets about 25 mpg which is good for a 4wd, has great visibility, and well designed flexibility in loading the interior. It is a real blast to drive, and getting used to the CVT transmission didn't take as long as I expected. So far, I have not discovered any factory defects and this Jeep really seems tight - no squeaks or rattles. This is built much better than other Chrysler products that I have owned. However, the front seats are thinly padded over a hard shell. There are no springs and, consequently, no give in the seats. Bumps telescope directly to your spine through your tail bone.

I heart my Jeep!
By mkinthecity on 04/25/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

With the continual climb in gasoline prices & my need for a 4WD vehicle for the wintry conditions of New England, I needed a rugged yes stylish car to get me to & fro work & play safely. After searching the market for a compact SUV, I stumbled upon the Patriot. I couldn't be happier that I did! The price was right and the design is classic Jeep through and through. The heated leather seats, moon roof, and standard Sirius Radio on the Limited Edition, it was love at first test drive! Easy to maneuver around town and in tight parking spaces, but surprisingly roomy on the inside... couldn't ask for a better combination. A definitive mix of spunk and sexy...WARNING: Cute-utes beware...

So Far So Good
By Dave on 04/20/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking for a small SUV. My wife and daughter both drive Honda CR-V's. I was looking for something a little different. I found it in the Jeep Patriot. Drives very nice and is loaded with features. Love the Satellite Radio. Drives very smoothly and feels well built. I have a little over 3000 miles on it and no rattles or noises. Getting about 25 - 26 miles per gallon. Not bad for a 4X4 automatic. I am pleased with my Jeep!

Great, cheap vehicle
By gibz on 04/17/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got my 2WD base model real cheap, saved $4,300 off MSRP (Socal dealer). Positives: More fun to drive than other small SUVs I've tested. Ergonomically sound dash and cabin space. Great looks outside, wipe-down interior inside. Bucket seats. Good driving position, handles better than entry-level sedan. Easily holds surfboard/dog. Negatives: Crappy Chrysler paint job, lots of orange peel. Weirdly -- can anyone explain this? -- when mine hits 68mph the engine emits a high-pitched frequency sound. Not good ... Engine noise is moderate apart from that. I got mine with 0 miles on clock. Would recommend it to anyone. Love its looks in bad-boy black, I shoulda got the 17" rims tho ...

Very pleased
By Bryan on 04/16/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking to upgrade to an suv,and was willing to trade off gas mileage, then came along the patriot.I'm not a serious off roader (let's face it,95% of you with suvs never see dirt), but I need to get to the trailhead or ski area, over moderately rocky and mucky logging roads with ease.I tested it this winter a few times up some steep mountain dirt roads in deep snow and an ice storm, no problem. The engine is still breaking in,getting 22 to 23 mpg mostly around town If you don't need a rock crawler or a super sized suv,and you'd rather put your hard earned money in the bank rather than your tank, this is your vehicle.With gas approaching $4/gallon, I applaud Jeep for thinking ahead.

Get the 5 speed 4x4
By Lucas on 04/16/08 07:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my Dark Green Patriot. Love it. Power is perfect, I have no clue why people bash it. I have the 5 speed which is peppy and gets great mileage. My first tank I got 26mpg and I went 309 miles before the fuel light popped on. This lifetime powertrain warranty was the selling point for me. No need to buy the FDII model unless you go off- road a ton. My FD I performs well, plus 90% of my time I will be on the highway If you can afford it spring for the 17" wheel package and the moon roof, the stock 16" rims are hideous

Pure Fun!
By smiguel76 on 04/10/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle 2 weeks ago and I love it! Its a lot of fun to drive it. You feel like you are in a bigger SUV, but its really compact and easy to handle. Not to mention that fuel efficiency is good. Just one advice, make sure you get the 5-speed manual transmission. I test drove both the automatic and the manual. The automatic version its a hog! Just what you would expect from a 2.4, 4 cyl- automatic tran combination. The manual 5-speed tran. its just perfect! Fast pick up speed and much more fun to drive! Plenty of room for the GF, fishing rods, ice chest and the dog! This SUV is great for 14.4K including tax and title. Can't beat it!

Love it!
By Vixster on 04/08/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had an 05 Trailblazer that was only getting 13 mpg...went to see what Jeep had in a diesel version - test drove the Patriot and walked out with it. Live in central Oregon, most of the time didn't even have to put it into 4wd when it snowed..great handling, zippy. Very happy with this purchase..getting 22-24 mpg in town and 26-28 on road trips...have never owned a Jeep, and am impressed with this vehicle!

Like my Cherokee, but Better Mileage
By Doug on 04/08/08 06:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Totaled my beloved '99 Cherokee in a crash that could have killed me, but I walked away from. Wanted another Cherokee, but with better mileage. After reading about everyone's complaints regarding power, I test drove a 5-speed manual Patriot. It seems whatever issues people have with lack of acceleration can be blamed on the CV-tranny, not the engine. "But how can I talk on the phone and sip my latte and drive a manual transmission?" You can't. Go buy a Kia. After two months, I am extremely pleased with this car. One of my initial reservations about buying it (it had everything I was looking for for less $) was that I wasn't seeing any on the roads. Seems I am seeing more and more each week.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.