2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Nothing like the Wrangler
By jagnag on 10/08/12 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the Patriot because we loved the Wrangler, but have had many problems: Overheats at 65 MPH so we don't take it on many family trips which is why we bought it in the first place. We have taken it to dealers and they can't figure out why...........Currently A/C isn't working well and the back passenger window will not close. Issues with Ball Bearings and just the ways it slurps gas gives this a failing grade.

afraid to drive because its always cost me money in breakdowns
By gary86 on 09/13/12 07:52 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

my 2008 jeep patriot I thought was going to be a great car at a great price but oh boy was I WRONG.we only drive it when going to dinner or someplace nice. the car only has 15000 miles on it and we have had the tie rods replaced the transmissionm replaced and now the ball joint assembly replaced. it also leaked until they figured out how to fix it. trying to get them to fix it now is a problem it only had a 3 year 36000 mile warranty whichever came first. if we would had driven it more during the first 3 years these problems would had been discovered but we were trying to keep the vechile like new what a mistake. I"m also a toledo jeep retiree but that makes 0 difference to them.

Bought with 60k on it
By aaronyrf on 09/26/11 15:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well Ive had my Riot for about a half of a year now and no problems to report. Previous owner did regular maintenance on it and Im sure that helped extend the life of the factory parts. Just did a CVT tranny fluid change as indicated by the manual. I was nervous that I would have to take it to the Jeep dealer and sell my soul to pay for the fluid but instead I just asked my neighborhood oil change center and they had all the necessary tools and fluid and it only cost me a hundred dollars. (Just out of curiosity I checked the Jeep dealer in my town and they quoted me 755 dollars!!!!!!! for the 60k servicing.) My advice is ask around. It cant hurt.

I love my jeep, for the most part....
By aurora182011 on 02/23/10 21:41 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my jeep and I plan on keeping I will say it runs great and its comfortable, and good on gas but this water leak thing has got to be fixed i was on my way to work today and water started pouring out of my map light and all over my stereo and into my shifter housing......not happy, dealer ship said its not their problem..... not happy, auto body shop said they had no clue but pressure tested it for 50 dollars and found out nothing.....not happy. I still dont know how to fix it without spending all my money....not happy

Overall very good, despite some problems
By DR Wilson on 12/17/09 14:50 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We are very happy with our Patriot, overall. Have had a few problems, such as manual trans synchros (recall) as it was grinding while shifting gears. This was done before the first oil change- 2000 Miles! Otherwise, a great vehicle; great fuel economy, comfortable, peppy for a 2.4l. Also had check engine light on, dealer replaced the O2 sensor and has a rad leak when very cold; will take it in for a new rad next week. The windows are narrow, leaving for blind spots. Overall good quality for the price; small problems easily fixed under warranty. For the record, I am a Journeyman mechanic of 20+ years & a former automotive instructor at a technical school so my technical knowledge is strong.

I hate this cheap plastic car
By rfernandez on 11/05/09 15:34 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I would have never bought this plastic cheap car if i ever knew how poorly made it was. My jeep has been taken back to the dealer ship over 30 times for the sunroof plastic falling the door trim snapping out of place, for it turning off out of no where, for the electrical windows not shutting every now and again for the alarm, for the bottom plastic trim for the entire airbag system that had to be replaced

Does everything I could ask
By Joe on 11/04/09 08:05 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

35,000 miles total, car still sounds and drives great. Pull small bass boat with a 4 cyl and still get over 20 mpg. No mechanical problems at all. Tires replaced at 32,000 (Firestones 17") just no tread left. Good traveling car for three people with plenty of room for baggage. Did I mention avg over 26 mpg on long trips driving over 70 mph (interstate).

Pat's Performance Passes
By choco on 07/05/09 08:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Acceleration is gradual, but will be good enough for merging in the freeway. It handles like a car. The back pillar does create a blind spot, but the large side mirrors help slightly with the issue. Overall, I love driving my Patriot...maybe a little too much.

2008 Jeep Patriot
By GPS Tech on 04/27/09 20:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a Patriot for one year now and haven't had a problem with it yet. I heard people were having problems with leaks but mine went through hurricane Ike last summer and didnt get a drop inside. Replaced the factory tires with yokohama high performance since 99% of driving is city. Now it handles more like a car. The front end is really stylish and the optional foglights illuminate backroads well. Very satisfied with my Patriot and would recommend it to anyone looking for a small suv.

loyal jeep owner
By tracy on 04/02/09 08:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my jeep in march 2008, and it is FWD 2.0. I love it and it is good on gas. I have to get used to the autostick, and I really don't use it. But overall I am a jeep fanatic and I really like the fuel efficiency.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.