2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
huge mistake!
By bridges114 on 10/03/14 14:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2008 jeep patriot in 2012 and ever since I have had issues. I've had to replace the battery, alternator, plugs(which isn't a huge deal i understand that happens) but now my transmission has went out!!! Its completely ridiculous. I don't have 2000 plus labor to fix it so I am now screwed. I have no idea how I'm gonna get my kids to school, Dr appointments or me to work. I will never but anything made by Chrysler again nor do I reccomend it.

New 2014 Patriot and problems already
By frankie57 on 07/02/14 17:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband went golfing today in his NEW Jeep Patriot and when he started to come back home (less than 200 miles total on the car) the Jeep would not shift into first or second gears! Already we have had it into the dealership for repairs! Not at all what we expected when we bought a NEW vehicle from Jeep! It appears that the clutch cable 'came loose' and had to be reattached! HOW can that happen??? I hope this is NOT a pattern or we will be extremely unhappy - and since we are Jeep lovers, this would NOT be good! My son has 2 Grand Cherokees - VERY happy with them, and we also have a Jeep Liberty - which I drive and dearly love! PLEASE JEEP - keep our faith in your company! FIX IT!

Highly Defective Substandard Suv
By truth1hurts on 03/07/14 09:47 AM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the 2008 Patriot new for $25k and within a few months endured unjustifiable anxiety for unrelenting warranty repairs on an inferior made cheap product. First and last time Jeep buyers, the 5-speed manual transmission went through 4+ major warranty repairs: clutch, transmission, defects, gear box, ball bearings, etc. It had to be towed a few times to the car lot. We lost value and money in a headache suv that was highly defective and unreliable and dismissed trips too. Very poor car, dealership, head office and managers. Stacks of warranty repair files amplifies our deserved poor rating of the car and all involved.

Loving it still.... 5 years in
By dbt1979 on 04/25/13 05:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2008 Jeep Patriot in August 2008. It was a daily rental return that just under 20,000 km on it. Almost 5 years later and I've had next to no problems with this vehicle besides wear parts. I got the extended warranty to 5 years / 100,000 km and the only warranty work that I needed was the fuel evap cannister that was hanging off (I probably ran over something) and there was minor work needed to be back end (sway bars and such) that was causing crunching noises when I went over bumps. Less than $600 warranty work in 5 years. I replaced the front brakes at 60 K and the back brakes (drums and all) at 95 K. 4 new tires at 60 K and I'll 4 new ones at 110K

Stay Away from the 2008 Jeep Patriot
By autumnrose on 05/11/12 08:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have replaced everything in the front end of this vehicle. I have owned it 6 months and in that 6 months, stab links, barrings, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, struts (twice), the spark plugs and it needs coils but there 40$ a piece have not got there yet. Now after the front end problems it still creaks and squeaks it makes crazy sounds. it likes to hesitate when you push the gas. It just wont go and it stutters like it wants to stall but it does not YET. i dont get it and no garages do either. One said it was a misfire in the piston. GREAT! i would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. it makes so many sounds and even after it is all "fixed" it still remains making unknown sounds

2008 Patriot Automatic
By highlander25 on 05/07/12 14:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought new in 2008, 25 miles on it. Since then, 77K miles and I have gone had 2 transmission replacements and it sounds like a third is coming soon. I can't get the car to stop whining. The car overheats 30 minutes into a family trip, have to stop to cool down before going on. Any slight incline and the tranny overheats. This is a problem since we like in Colorado now. Dealerships here had the car once for a month fighting with Corporate over who will pay to replace the tranny. Will never own a jeep again. My eight year old makes fun of jeeps we see parked.

Money Pit... Eats tires!
By ginahweenah on 01/10/12 16:38 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Patriot new off the lot with 28 miles on it. We've put a new set of tires on it yearly as it tears up the inside of the front tires despite getting them rotated every two months. We have had to replace something for the rack and pinion steering on the passenger side and a tie rod twice on the passenger side. Looking to trade in and go back to Toyota. Will NEVER buy a Jeep again!

Update- 122k, still no non wear repairs
By jeepking on 08/07/11 05:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review about my Patriot at 60k, only repair then was a light bulb. Since then I have 122k and have only had to replace wear items. Just did a new clutch at 122k, did rear brakes at 110k and front at 120k. My hope is the next clutch goes longer, I live in Minnesota and when I replaced the stock Goodyears with Michelins my snow performance went to ****, I have two wheel drive and did put some snow tires on (Kumhos), and that has worked out well. Point is I think I did a lot of damage to my clutch trying to get out of stuff without snow tires.

Patriot
By Dan on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have had nothing but problems. Will never buy another Jeep or Chrysler product. Trans went out at 60k. Ball joints and control arms are shot at 65k. ESP module went out along with the cruise at 50k. Back window leaks slightly. Don't know what is next?

Skeptical
By Sarah on 06/30/10 22:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

About two years ago I purchased a 2008 Jeep Patriot brand new and have had an overall good experience until it started making weird noises whenever I accelerated. Well, it turns out at around 30,000 miles I need to replace my CVT. Thank god it is still under warranty! Other minor problems are that the tires constantly squeak whenever I go around turns and it does no handle well at high speeds, especially with the windows down.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.