Loved it, but now I'm over it . . .
By dl_in_ks on
2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought it new because of the looks and the "lifetime" warrenty. It does get pretty decent gas mileage but that's about it. I had replaced only the battery and tires by the time it hit 98,000 miles - 90% of which were highway miles and 0% off road. Then the problems started happening, the whole front end had to be replaced and it's still making noises. The alternator went out, the sun roof is leaking, the CVT transmission scares me enough that at times I'm scared to pull out into traffic. It now has 109,000 miles on it. I just returned from a week long/2,600 mile trip - I was concerned about being able to make it back home! This is my first Jeep, this is my last Jeep!
Favorite Features
The styling looks great, I'm not ashamed to have it sitting in my driveway or for friends to see me in it.
Suggested Improvements
The drink holders in the console are poorly placed. Forget about a middle passenger in the back seat unles they are under 3 feet tall. The finish on the radio screen makes it impossible to see in the daylight. The next repair bill won't happen . . . next time it breaks . . . it's gone!