2007 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Good Value SUV--Needs Bigger F

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Review

Good Value SUV--Needs Bigger Fuel Tank!
By deercroft on

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I am quite happy with my purchase. The Patriot with Freedom Drive II rides well and, despite comments about noise from the CVT I have no problems in that area. With seat height adjusted up, you also get good visibility (contrary to other views). Not as good as my old Jeep Cherokee overall but more comfortable/functional (except for driving range-see bigger fuel tank below), easier rear passenger access and nice fold flat seat system on passenger side. Hope someone designs aftermarket fuel tank fix. Even 10 l (2.5 US gal) more would be a huge improvement! I bought the vehicle knowing fuel tank would be a problem--still great value!

Low range. Rear passenger access/egress. Fold flat seats

Bigger fuel tank! Expect true trail rated vehicles to consume lots of fuel and you still need to get to/from the remote area. My Cherokee (75 l tank+10 l filler neck) could get 800 km/fill when babied, 550-600 km mix hwy/4X4. Patriot (51 l+7 l)-400-500 km hwy; 300- 350 if hwy/4X4-barely acceptable.