Great first car
By matt142 on
2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
My patriot was my first car, buying it after graduating college. I bought it after the car was only on the market for a few months. I love the look of it, reminds me of the old Cherokee, which I hope they bring back. It gets great gas mileage on the highway and around town. I've taken my Patriot from the deserts of Arizona to the snow of the midwest to the beaches and it has never let me down. With 90K on it, I have had no major problems, excluding replacing the ball joints, but that could be due to my spirited driving.
Favorite Features
I love the manual transmission. I had a newer Patriot as a rental with an auto transmission, but it didn't have the get up I have come to appreciate with my 5 speed. Great audio system. I have the standard radio and speakers but it sounds like a more expensive system. Leg room in both the front and back seats. Being almost 6' tall my passengers are never cramped for leg room in the back seat. It comes well equipped with a reasonable price tag and never regretted my purchase.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger gas tank. I think that is my biggest complaint. I feel like I have to stop too often when I'm on long road trips.