Bad transmission
By Sharon on
2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased this vehicle with only 18,000 miles on it a year ago. I was really happy with it until it started chugging every so often while driving in reverse and also while driving at very slow speeds. I have been told that it has transmission problems and will need a new one. It only has 29,000 miles on it, the 3 yr dealership warranty has expired and I have been told a new transmission on this vehicle runs $7,000.
Suggested Improvements
A vehicle with hardly any miles on it should not need a new transmission already.
By liz1228
on 08/07/11 19:47 PM (PDT)

My 2007 5 speed Jeep Patriot also needs a new transmission it only has 50,000 miles on it and the warranty is obviously lapsed. This is unfortunate because I am still paying on this vehicle and wont be paid off till 2013. I cannot afford the new transmission. Does anyone have any ideas as to going about this the cheapest way possible to get this problem resolved.

By frenchad
on 03/17/11 23:13 PM (PDT)

This review is false information. 1) The Power-train warranty on a jeep, both new and certified used, runs at least 60k, unless you upgraded to the lifetime warranty. 2) Even out of warranty, this transmission only runs about 3-4k to replace. I dont know where you got $7k. Either you are incorrect, or the dealer is ripping you off.