2007 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: After the first week in a Patr

2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

After the first week in a Patriot
By Neil Crichton on

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Picked up my new Patriot Limited a week ago, and put on 500 miles (800 km) since. My first impression was very positive. The vehicle performed well on the highway. It's no speed demon, but it can easily pass the slowpokes. It was comfortable and quiet. Found a few things I didn't like, such you can't plug your iPod into the deluxe radio, and the armrests are so hard, they hurt your elbows. Some of the controls were different than on cars I've owned before, and took some getting used to, such as the cruise control. One of my first jobs was to pick up some lumber, and with the seats folded flat (and a tarp protecting the floor, I was easily able to bring home twenty 2x6s. So far I like it.

Exterior looks, fuel economy, and versatility.

Please pad the armrests, and provide a power release for the tailgate. A nice option would be a tailgate mount for the spare tire, so that the underfloor storage could be used for underfloor storage.