2007 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
My first Jeep
By Mark on 06/17/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several SUVs and this one is by far better than any of them. Very comfortable to drive and very quiet on the highway. I bought this Jeep for its gas mileage, so far not as good as I hoped for but it only has 600 miles on it. A few things I don't understand is why it didn't come with cruise control? 6 disk CD and Sirius satellite but no cruise. Jeep needs to rethink there power packages. Also why no aux outlet for the more expensive radio? So far I love this Jeep!

Good Value SUV--Needs Bigger Fuel Tank!
By deercroft on 06/15/07 04:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I am quite happy with my purchase. The Patriot with Freedom Drive II rides well and, despite comments about noise from the CVT I have no problems in that area. With seat height adjusted up, you also get good visibility (contrary to other views). Not as good as my old Jeep Cherokee overall but more comfortable/functional (except for driving range-see bigger fuel tank below), easier rear passenger access and nice fold flat seat system on passenger side. Hope someone designs aftermarket fuel tank fix. Even 10 l (2.5 US gal) more would be a huge improvement! I bought the vehicle knowing fuel tank would be a problem--still great value!

So much fun
By Wray2702 on 06/08/07 14:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I just purchased our Patriot about a week and a half ago and we absolutely love it! We were having a hard time finding one that we liked enough to buy, so you may have to be patient. The price was right and I have to say that this is the most fun I have had driving a car in a long time.

Jeep Patriot
By Rynestone on 06/03/07 09:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Patriot handles much better than I expected. The stability control works great on hard corning. Road noise can be heard in the cabin, but its not too bad. Stereo system sounds great.

Great for the money
By anthony on 05/15/07 19:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was suprised that driving a Jeep would be as comfortable as this one. Although you feel bumps what else can you expect in any SUV. The power in the engine even though it is not like a 6 cylinder it gets going fast. I am tired of the gas guzzling mamoths on the road this one is good enough for me and economic.I would recomend this vehicle to people looking for something with pretty good storage space and a suprisingly smooth highway ride

2007 Patriot with Manual Transmission
By TM on 05/08/07 11:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The ride is smooth and the seats comfortable. I've had the car for over a week and I get a little over 27 MPG. I love the roominess. Seats three in rear seat comfortably. I did get the manual transmission because I'm not entirely sure of the reliability of CVT transmissions in general. There is a large debate over this topic. Besides, my previous car was a manual. In my prolonged quest to find a compact SUV that had good gas mileage, was under $20,000, and, of course, looked cool, this was the easy choice.

Patriot....as "North" American as you get
By GlfP on 04/30/07 11:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased the Patriot, and already am in love. Roomy interior, even for my 6'3" husband. Dogs love the fold down back seats, and it's an exceptional grocery getter. It feels bigger than the Compass, even though it's essentially the same car. Stability feels good, good turning radius, though the instrument cluster is a little challenging. There is quite a bit of noise at higher speeds, though not enough to prevent one from having coversation, talking on cell, or listening to radio.

2007 Patriot limited
By Julius on 04/25/07 14:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The exterior is very bold. I love the ride. It is so much more comfortable than other Jeep's or truck based SUV. It rides higher than cars, but not as high as truck based SUV's. Visibility is good. I don't like the placement of the rearview mirror, as it somewhat limits visibility. Road noise is prominent, but this is expected since I have the all terrain tires. Off road ability is superb. It can travel just about any place my previous Nissan Xterra went. Wind noise is somewhat pronounced due to the large mirrors. Cruising speed from 20-65 mph is very quiet. 65 and beyond, wind noise does increase. It isn't terribly bad, comparable to a Nissan Altima I traded.

SUV Bargain
By JerZee Joe on 04/25/07 05:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Jeep and it is great! I always liked Jeep but never liked the mileage they got. Quiet, smooth, solid, affordable 4x4 ride. I did not experience any excessive road noise. Fun to drive, lots of comments on its great looks. With a 13.5 gallon tank it doesn't break the bank on fillups. The mileage keeps getting better the more I drive it. In driving to Tennessee it took the mountains with ease. Although it isn't a speed demon off the line,the engine is adequate for the vehicle, handles well. If you looking for more speed and power, then don't purchase an economy vehicle and wish it had more power. Plenty of storage room, I like the wide dash. Jeep has a winner with the Patriot!

Decent 4x4
By ash on 04/19/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not a bad Jeep. Good update of the classic Cherokee. Great 4x4 capabilites. Good for the average driver. If you want to take it off road and beat on it than go with a used Cherokee or Wrangler.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.