Used 2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Patriot 2007
By bombshellfromhell

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first brand new car purchase. We checked out a lot of SUVs and for the price you couldn't beat the Jeep Patriot.

Favorite Features

I love the luxury of the heated leather seats, serious radio, C.d. player, electric doors and windows, and the sunroof. Our Jeep is trail rated and 4x4 which if your gonna buy a jeep you have to get a 4x4.

Suggested Improvements

I would improve the acceleration on the highway but, i've heard most Jeeps are like that. And the wind resistance when you have just the back windows down is awful.

She is what she is...
By JimCno

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a car that I could strap a canoe to the top and go down some God awful roads to get to some rivers to fish. At the same time it needed to have a nice ride as we would be using it for long trips. The Patriot fits that bill perfectly! I've had her down back roads, dirt roads, rock roads and off road. She's got the ground clearance to handle all of them. She handles well on highways and back roads. She's got ample cargo space. She doesn't have the greatest power or gas mileage but I have the automatic CVT. I'm sure the manual transmission would improve both. It would be hard to beat her versatility. AND she's made in the good old USA!

Favorite Features

Ground clearance, comfortable and roomy seating, smooth ride, reasonably priced. I got the optional heated leather seats and they are wonderful!

The Jeepster
By THOR

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this jeep that was repossessed and sold at auction to the dealer. I wanted to buy a new 2008 Limited in full. My local dealer could not fine one that i wanted. Limited, Loaded and Green. It is a Jeep all the way. Fun, stylish and can attack any obstacle in its way. It's my third Jeep and this one takes the cake. It is good on gas. I do A LOT of driving in this American icon and its a dream. Road noise is more suppressed than any other jeep. I have to dispute all the gas tank size complaints. The average range for a car is 300 miles. Remember the tank is in par with the range. If it was bigger it would hang lower and weigh more. Hence less gas MPG rating.

Favorite Features

All interior components are where they should be. The looks are serious with rugged style.Roomy and easy to clean leather interior. No fear when traveling in any environment. I live in the Northeast! The 9 Speekersound system could level huge loud talking barbecue crowd. Of course that Jeep Green!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

More key accessories could be included in the Limited. For crying out loud you're already at max price. It should definitely be supplied with a cargo privacy cover (costs me $220!= Rape!), Mud Mats and Mud Flaps. More readily available aftermarket maintenance supplies.

Love It!
By cladygray

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned the '07 Patriot since April. Was the last one on the lot for '07s. Got good deal. Did a lot of reading before test driving. Was looking for a more economical vehicle- still have Dodge Dakota Quad V8 but it sits in the driveway most of the time. Kept it to haul trailer & boat. Got the fully loaded version. Seats are very comfortable-both my husband and I have bad backs and have yet experienced any problems. Drive city & highway-have just got to 3000 miles and am getting 22-26 mpg. CVT took some time getting use to-really like the fact that you can't feel the gears change.

Favorite Features

Looks-MPG-Love the Nav system and Sirius radio and Boston sound system. U-Connect is great-and really like the auto dim on mirror. Like the fact that radio fades out when call comes in. Too hot in Texas right now to run w/ moon roof open - A/C cools inside quickly - in fact it gets cold!

Suggested Improvements

Little bigger gas tank since gas is now up to $4 gal. Add some softness to the window ledges and arm rest in center-elbows get tender on long trips.

Love my Jeep!
By Love my Jeep!

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Patriot, no regrets! It has almost been a year (bought in July 07) and 17,000+ miles. Reasonably priced, great gas mileage, room for my dogs, & fun to drive were major factors in buying a new vehicle. I commute about 60 miles round trip to work doing both city and highway driving. Averaging 24-27 mpg (depending how much foot I put into it!). Not nervous about zipping in and out of traffic. Weve taken it on several road trips, very comfortable & SIRIUS radio is great! Recommend to anyone looking for reliable, great gas mileage, roomy/comfortable, fun to drive, room to haul stuff (with the back seats down), & eye catching compact SUV that get compliments!

Favorite Features

Almost everything; gas mileage, sunroof, navigation, fold down back seats, bluetooth (Ill never not have it again!), roomy leg room (sales guy 63 sat in the front passenger; Dad 61 sat in the passenger back seat; both had PLENTY of leg & head room).

Suggested Improvements

It is a shorter suv; however, I just fold down the convenient back seats to give me more hauling room. Rear view mirror needs to be closer; hard to reach for bluetooth button. Putting a bluetooth button on the steering wheel would be nice!