Used 2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

2007 Jeep Patriot 100 mile trip daily
By bmillsxt6

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 07 Patriot a couple of months back. I do like the fuel economy! getting around 29mpg with 89 octane 2.4 litre engine, 5speed, 2wd. I am impressed with what I got for the money so far, The surf blue clear coat paint is beautiful! and I like the convenience of the vinyl interior. This is the 5th Jeep vehicle I have owned and although its not the toughest off roader it suits 100 mile daily highway trips just fine. The center console is kinda awkward though, the armrest doesn't seem to meet up with your elbow just right and the cup holder is on the floor board pretty much. Other than that it is a blast to drive and mine has no power options, no cruise no fancy things period

traction control, 4 airbags, paint color, jeep styling, gas mileage, 5 speed shift position, the lighting of the gauges, interior style

center console! Make the arm rest meet an arm and get the cup holder off of the ground! (gotta add the cell phone holder in the arm rest is a cool touch!

Happy so far!
By Steve

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I couldn't be happier with my purchase as of today. I was looking for a rig that was fuel efficient, as new as possible, well priced, and could handle a bit of off road adventure as I love to hike and fish. This one fit the bill perfectly! I have taken it down some rather rugged, muddy trails with no complaints. Roomier than others in the category and a comfortable ride. CVT can be noisy at first, but it is responsible for amazing milege for a 4x4 jeep, so I got used to it quick.

Price, gas mileage, comfort, looks sharp, ruggedness. What more can you ask for? Everything you buy a rig like this for is spot on as far as I'm concerned.

Interior is not very cutting edge for 2007. Seems they put all the effort into the exterior and under the hood, which isn't really that bad is it? No place to put elbow while driving either, and cup holder is very inconvenient. Center console is also a bit tricky to get into as well.

Good for the purpose
By Frans Dubois

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Jeep Patriot is a basic car, and that shows. If you want a vehicle to transport you in a reliable fashion from A to B, without hassle and irrespective of the road conditions, this is the utility car for you and me. Little fancy stuff, although I do like the boom box in the lift gate (optional). The interior provides a great feel for space as the windscreen is steep and distant from the front seats. Compare that to a sedan or a station wagon! The CVT requires some time to get accustomed to as the engine first revs up to max torque before the acceleration starts. More noise at first, but then the car really moves, despite the relatively small engine. Ground clearance is large and clean

Simple and basic, nothing fancy

Rather than the CVT as a default, the 5-speed gearbox would be a good option to have available on the lot: good for the mileage and reduction of the noise

20,000 Mile Update
By Todd

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am approaching 20k on my Patriot. So far I have averaged 23 mpg and have had no problems whatsoever (oil changes and tire rotations only). This has been a great vehicle so far. The Patriot could use more power, however it isn't as sluggish as some reviews make it out to be. Many fail to mention that you actually need to learn how to drive the CVT transmission. Honestly, I disliked the vehicle the first time I test drove it.

Jeep Styling, Heated Seats, Gas Mileage, 4x4 Performance

Slightly more powerful engine

So glad I made this decision
By LoveMyJeep2422

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was debating on purchasing this Jeep after driving my Acura. I am so glad I made the change! This is my first SUV. I had done a lot of research and test driving comparable brands, but this one was by far the best. I have the Limited. The U-Connect phone is my favorite feature so nice to be able to drive safely. Yes the cup holders are in a awkward spot, but its not a big deal. I am getting 24-26 around city and 27 on highway MPG. I had been looking at a Pathfinder, but thank god I made the right choice.

Sunroof, leather seats, U-Connect phone, foot room in the backseat

None!