2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Patriot 2007
By Adolfo Gracia on 08/07/07 17:33 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Not good: Interior finish. Reworks and mold flaws can be found in plastic parts. Ceiling or door noise during vibe roads. Noisy front seats. Good: Fuel economy. Suspension comfort. Exterior Jeep look.

Jeep Patriot
By Papillon on 08/01/07 22:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This Jeep handles like a much heavier SUV. Quality is so so and the engine noise when accelerating is maddening. We have owned the Patriot for over a month and have a little over 1,000 miles on it. The gas mileage is dissapointing. 21.3 all around and with a small 13 gallon tank it seem like we are always at the gas station. Will swap it out next year for a foreign model. I guess I should have listened to my gut feeling on this one.

Best Jeep Yet!
By RayW on 07/22/07 18:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned at least 6 Jeeps (new and used) in the last 10 years. This Jeep is a blast to drive (it's loaded with all the features you could ask for). Best mileage to date was 32 mpg (highway) and averaging 25 mpg in the city. Bought mine 2 1/2 weeks ago and have over 2500 miles on it. Too new to have experienced any reliability issues yet, but haven't got any rattles yet! Had a 1998 Cherokee, but this one is better. The Inferno Red always gets positive comments.

Patriot Rocks
By Gsmac7 on 07/16/07 05:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Patriot. I actually traded a Liberty for the Patriot. It is nice on long road trips and great on gas.

Great SUV
By W. Williamson on 07/07/07 22:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have no regrets about buying the Jeep Patriot. It is a great compact SUV for a great price. I purchased the limited style which is great. The leather seats are very comfortable and the design in the SUV is good. The seats are very roomy in the front and in the back. There is not quite as much room for cargo as I would like in the back, but it's OK. Also, this SUV gets great gas mileage but it has a small tank. Overall, great SUV.

I love my first Jeep!
By Janie on 07/01/07 13:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a few months ago and I love it! This is my first Jeep and I'm very impressed with the comfort and roominess of the this car. I'm getting about 28 mpg which I think is excellent.

Not the worst car I've ever owned
By SteveH on 06/30/07 18:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Patriot is definitely #2 though. Glad my son is taking this thing to college. If it had a decent transmission I might like it. It drives like it has a slipping clutch. Driving it is a miserable experience. Aside from the transmission, handling is unstable, economy is so-so, the gas tank is small so range is bad, the gear selector is junk (no lockouts so it can be put in reverse at any time) and the rear liftgate is in the way of anyone over 6 feet tall. Nobody has complimented it on being roomy or comfortable. Initially everyone seems to like it, but they turn on it fast. Our daughter complains about it. She would rather ride in a '96 Voyager.

Jeep Patriot
By jzink0883 on 06/30/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Walked in to the dealer to test drive a Caliber. Drove out with the Patriot. Liked the Patriot's styling, rear seat leg room and load capacity. I wasn't looking for a serious off-road vehicle. Meets my desire for a small AWD SUV that gets good mileage. Getting 25 MPG in suburban driving. Getting just under 29 MPG on the highway. I try to average 70 MPH on the highway (no speed control). Very pleased with the manual transmission. Light clutch. Nice shifter. My wife hasn't driven a manual in over twenty years, has no problems driving the Patriot.

Great Gas Saving SUV
By Nancy on 06/21/07 07:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

As a mom I love this SUV. ItÂ’s easy to get in and out of with little ones. The gas mileage is nice for an SUV. The floor boards are very deep which gives great leg room in the back, however it does make it hard to pick up anything from the front of the vehicle that your little one throws. Over all I say go for it- great vehicle. We love it.

My first Jeep
By Mark on 06/17/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several SUVs and this one is by far better than any of them. Very comfortable to drive and very quiet on the highway. I bought this Jeep for its gas mileage, so far not as good as I hoped for but it only has 600 miles on it. A few things I don't understand is why it didn't come with cruise control? 6 disk CD and Sirius satellite but no cruise. Jeep needs to rethink there power packages. Also why no aux outlet for the more expensive radio? So far I love this Jeep!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.