Used 2007 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Worst headache vehicle ever
By Scott

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle was a manufacturer buyback. It has been nothing but a major headache and stress producer. The engine is way underpowered for the body size. The seats quickly became very uncomfortable. The transmission keeps overheating and Chrysler has replace all the cheap parts but refuses to replace the actual transmission which is obviously the problem. Stay away.

Favorite Features

It's good in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

it needs alot more power. It probably needs a 5 or 6 speed transmission also instead of the wimpy 4 speed.

Window problems, cheap interior
By farmwife

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first jeep. I bought it because of price and fuel economy. We had a snowy winter, and it handles well in snow. I have a toddler, so the plastic back on the seats and the YES fabric work great. Controls are in odd spots, and that took some getting used to. Window noise from rear windows is annoying. Seats are uncomfortable, and the arm rest is terrible, cup holders very inconvenient. For the second time in a month, the power windows have failed. All four windows get stuck down, the controls get some working after repeated effort. Rear driver never responded, stuck down. In zero degree weather with a toddler, a real problem. Today it did it again- thinking of trading...

Favorite Features

4x4, YES fabric, good handling

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the seats, arm rests, cup holders and controls

Great Small SUV
By Naten53

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased mine 18 months ago. For a compact suv it performs exactly as expected. The best feature by far is the size compared to the fuel economy. Only complaints are because it is a small suv you do not have the storage capacity of large suvs however it is great for someone that does not need the large suv everyday. I have had it through two Pittsburgh winters and 4wd on farm 'roads' and it has never had trouble (driving with caution in bad conditions of course).

Favorite Features

The floor is deep meaning that it is like sitting in a chair vs. when you sit in another suv and your knees are higher than your lap. The cover on the full size spare is hard plastic polymer that can be taken out and hosed off no carpet to shove back in place.

Suggested Improvements

Larger gas tank; 13.5 gal size I get 250 to 300 miles combined driving between fill ups of 11 to 11.5 gallons. Storage; the back seats fold down but having the option of taking the backs out would give a few more cubic feet at least.

Not bad
By climber117

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third vehicle. It has the best fuel economy of any other vehicle i have owned. It is a solid vehicle that is practical and functional. I only have FWD but have had it off- road, and as long as it's not sand it does fine.

Suggested Improvements

More Horsepower, an even 200 would be fantastic!!!

30mpg SUV!!!!!!!
By jas

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love it. I have had my Patriot for over a year now. Almost 40k on it. Original brakes w/ lots of life left. I have the manual tranny. Did not like the cvt-the engine screams uphills. The manual is easy to control and for a 4 cylinder has plenty of paower. I haul a trailer often w/ a tractor or 4 wheeler and live in the mountains of western md. I can't believe it gets 25mpgs average. Almost always 29mpg on trips!!!! Like the other review said, the seats could be a lttle more beefy.

Favorite Features

Powerful 4 cylinder. Lifetime warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Interior is cheap