Used 2007 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Love It Or Leave It
By BLUELINE 1*

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I own (3) Jeeps including the 2007 Jeep Patriot Limited . Im trying to decide whether to cross the line and purchase a Subaru Forester or trade the Patriot on the 2010 Jeep Liberty. The CVT transmission was replaced under warranty at 24,000. I have had repeated problems with the sunroof leaking and pouring water down through the courtesy lights. That said, I am a loyal "JEEP FAN " , which makes it harder to leave a product I love . Personally, as a retired LEO , Im a bit concerned about the vehicle sway . The promise of anti-roll mitigation is listed , but I dont want to be the one that puts it to the test .

Definitely , the Boston Acoustics SoundSystem , which competes with the Infinity Gold of the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I'm really not sure, since the issues I've detected may not be a common with other Jeep Patriots produced. Windshield Wiper De-icers would be nice !

nice jeep
By jeeplover

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This jeep has a smooth ride. If you enjoy a small 4wd truck this is the answer.

Heated seats. 6 cd changer. easy access 1 button 4wd.

bigger gas tank.

Not bad for the buck
By 1eyedjack

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the Patriot for over 2 years now. Gas millage wasn't very good till about 15,000 miles. Ran it through the mountains west of Denver Co. and that broke in that tight little engine. If I try I can get 27 to 28 MPG around town and oddly enough about the same on the road at 75 MPH. 32 MPG at 55 MPH. There are a lot of little things I would like different but you get used to how things are. To date I have had no issues with this unit. Everything seems to be working well. It even made the 11,003 foot climb on Interstate 70 west of Denver Co. with no problem. I reset the millage calculator on the down side of the mountain and got 437 MPG coasting. Beat that.

MP3 player connection, 115 volt plug, driver info center, deep dash board, fold down seats including the front passenger seat. What a plus. I can get a 8' step ladder in that little bugger. Or like a week ago, a 50 gal. water heater. Love the headlights, great visibility.

Gas tank, without any question. Need a bigger one.

Awesome Vehicle
By Rachel

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this Jeep due to gas mileage and overall features. We spend lots of time outside and in the mtns and this Jeep has no problems keeping up with us. Even though it is a 4cyld it can keep up with our 8cyld truck in the mtns any day. It is full of great features as well. Very easy to drive and handle on the road and plenty of space for hauling stuff. One of our favorite vehicles ever owned. It is the size of a smaller vehicle but has many of the features of a much larger one.

AC outlet in console (every vehicle should have one), Seat warmers, hard plastic back end, leather seats, roof rack, satellite radio, in dash tire pressure gauge, radio controls on steering wheel

Premium radio with 6 dish changer does not have port to hook up Ipod like standard radio

Better than some at high price
By JeepRunner

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After researching the price compared to the amenities on all SUV's this size, I have found this jeep to be great. With proper maintenance, the jeep has never given me any trouble and works great when having to take it offroad. After owning it for over 2 years the only repair needed was the speakers which were on recall and I brought it in before the speakers go out. I bought the manual transmission due to the troubles still with the CVT transmissions and have no problems and getting around 32mpg. This vehicle goes long distances and goes offroad alot. I love this vehicle.

The accessory package I purchased. The jeep has more than enough places for storage and places for items for long rides.

Seat design especially in the back seat. For smaller individuals they seem to be ok, larger people who have ridden in the car have said they were a bit uncomfortable. Also a better place to place your ipod, the cord does get in the way when shifting gears.

• SUV