2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
jeep is good!
By chipper on 03/24/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Once upon a time, I was anti-SUV. I drove cars (sport, muscle, compact) & borrowed trucks. No more! I LOVE this Jeep - I decided I wouldn't buy it unless I did. I researched many cars, trucks & SUVs - this one won me over before I even drove it. The drive sold me - the manual tranny & the car-based chassis help it to handle like a sports car (vroom!), but with great gas mileage. I'm more confident in the snow, can see better in the dark, & have plenty of room for myself, my dogs, whatever. I've had fun seeing what I can haul; I even transported two giant spotlights & other equipment with ease. It looks great & I like the plain-jane interior...it's a Jeep! Happily ever so far! :)

My First Jeep
By Bryan in Akron on 03/22/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Patriot is the first jeep I have ever owned and I have to say it is surprisingly good at everything. The first weekend after I brought it home there was a snow storm and most of the town was shut down. I went out anyhow. It performed very well in the snow and on unplowed streets with and without the 4x4 turned on. The electronic stability control does its job. The interior of the Patriot is spacious considering its overall size. The interior could be of a higher quality, even in the limited, however it is acceptable for its price. Overall, I have no major complaints about the Patriot. The price point is phenomenal and the quality is great.

My Experiience with the Jeep Patriot
By Joe from Brighton on 03/03/08 18:14 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great in town scooter and not too bad on trips. Easy to park and a better ride than my infinity I-30. I've taken mine Hunting,the engine does not have the torque for steep terrain, but wet fields and 4 inches of snow didn't stop me. It's not a Jeep Cherokee, my last Jeep, but it gets better gas mileage.

patriot limited 5spd manual
By pajobx on 02/18/08 16:51 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this car is just bad no power when you step on the gas does not handle well on rain or snow only comes in 5spd no 6spd i feel for this car to be better needs to have 6cylinders with 250horspower i will never buy a jeep patriot again gas tank only takes 12.5gal you need to fil twice a week audio controls in back of steering wheel interior all plastic,buy german

Fantastic Car!
By MI driver on 02/10/08 18:01 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Patriot Sport 5 days ago and in that time have tested it in brutal cold, icy roads, and blizzard conditions, as well as a 400 mile road trip. This is the best-handling vehicle I've ever owned (I traded in an Envoy to get this car). It holds the road remarkably well, even on icy roads, the ESF is fantastic, 4X4 is great, interior is comfortable, MP3 jack is a nice touch. The cargo area is sufficient, safety features are great. I love this car!

Great Bang For Your Bank
By JeepChicago on 02/10/08 17:43 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

All in all a great vehicle. Bought in July 07. I don't know what some people expect for under $25k these days but this is as good as you're going to find. You are going to buy this car for the following reasons: 1 - best mpg for non-hybird suv 2 - great style for a compact suv 3 - made in USA FYI - There is a "break in" period for the CVT transmision. Maybe 2000 miles before the acceleration becomes smooth.

It's okay
By cnccot on 01/08/08 12:51 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm learning to live with it but been hard to leave a fully loaded Suburban. I wanted to save gas money and I have certainly done that but the loss of power and luxury has been a hard one to swallow. Nice when it only cost me $30 to fill up and I'm getting 26-28 miles to the gallon

Enjoying the ride
By guido on 12/23/07 10:53 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far enjoying my new Jeep! Pretty comfortable, great mileage- 28 mpg. Got a great deal! Just wish I had gotten power door locks! We'll see how it does in the snow in Colorado in Jan!

Snow
By j-tripp on 12/17/07 13:54 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I went form all cars to the Partiot 4WD, so the switch was major for me. (traded in an Eclipse) Took no time to get use to driving someting bigger. The ride is very nice, handles bumpy raods with ease. Almost feels car like. Everything is easy to reach even if your short, and I am 5'2". I don't feel like I am sitting on the wheel. I can still reach everything without pulling forward. The room in the back seat is awesome! My brother in law is 6' he said it is very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. I decided on the Partoit after shopping for a car. I am very glad I went this route. The safty features also swayed me to it. It's nice having my own 4 wheel drive.

Better the the Liberty
By DCDC on 12/10/07 18:44 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We picked up the Jeep in August, traded in our Liberty and have not thought twice about it. Got the Limited at a clerance price with no miles. Comfort, stero & dash are great. It drives more like a car then anything and handles great. You don't have the feeling of being top heavy as the liberty did. Gas mileage is great but could use a bigger tank. The fold flat seats come in handy. I highly reccomend this Jeep. I personally would even pay the full price for the limited for those extra options.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.