Used 2007 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Patriot

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

57,500 miles, 0 Problems
By JMo

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Maybe I'm just lucky but I have never had a problem with my Patriot. I traded in my '05 Wrangler (cause THAT got terrible MPG) for this Patriot that had 16000 when I got it. Drove it from LA to San Fran and then to Boston a few months later, packed to the brink and not a single problem, even going over the Rockies. Drove from Boston to Tennessee and back last summer, and again, never a problem. I personally love the Jeep seats, back felt fine the whole trip and yet every time I drive my gf's '10 Rogue it just aches! Pretty powerful for a 4cyl, but of course it has the aerodynamics of a brick. Only have the 2WD and have done fine in two New England winters. Usually average 26 MPG

Favorite Features

Small, yet LARGE size. Tons of room and convenient rear folding seats. AUX input. Great headlights. Privacy glass

Suggested Improvements

Better aerodynamics...hybrid or EV trims would be great

MPG issues
By MPG Issues

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Jeep used with 30,000. Loved it when I first got it with the Boston stereo and the ESP and everything. I had to replace the Electronic Throttle control soon as I pulled in the drive way (warranty) 2 weeks later the driver strut (warranty) but now that I have 50,000 miles I have been getting gas mileage ranging 18-19 when I was getting 24 average. Tried replacing spark plugs, air filter and no change. Not happy, I could have a Jeep Grand Cherokee for this mileage. Also, fast acceleration is not an option without the car having to think of getting out of its own way first.

Favorite Features

Stereo, ESP, Moon roof, 2 tone leather and leg room in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Small V6, CVT redesign

Does anybody else have this problem
By Krystle

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So when i first bought this jeep, i had nothing but good things to say, but now that i am nearing the end, i do not like it anymore. I don't know if it is just the ABS, but i've had quite a few near crash situations. I think i am going with a car without ABS. If i hit a bump in the road, pothole or slippery road, my brakes appear to stop working or prevents me from braking (with a clicking noise). I may just have to deal with the workings of the ABS, but I definitely do not like it! Also, the Jeep is real noisy. Also, at 38,000+ miles, it appears my gas mileage is degrading slowly.

Favorite Features

interior seats and spacing and stock radio system.

Suggested Improvements

Have an option with or without ABS

way to go jeep
By sammy s 426

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In just the first two years I've owned this wonderful Jeep I've had to replace two wheel bearings, both front air sensors the radio and the gas tank started separating from the body of the truck. All I do is drive it to and from work approximately 15 road miles each way. To me I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone but some one who likes to work on cars.

Favorite Features

The interior.

Suggested Improvements

Every thing but the interior of the vehicle.

Love It Or Leave It
By BLUELINE 1*

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I own (3) Jeeps including the 2007 Jeep Patriot Limited . Im trying to decide whether to cross the line and purchase a Subaru Forester or trade the Patriot on the 2010 Jeep Liberty. The CVT transmission was replaced under warranty at 24,000. I have had repeated problems with the sunroof leaking and pouring water down through the courtesy lights. That said, I am a loyal "JEEP FAN " , which makes it harder to leave a product I love . Personally, as a retired LEO , Im a bit concerned about the vehicle sway . The promise of anti-roll mitigation is listed , but I dont want to be the one that puts it to the test .

Favorite Features

Definitely , the Boston Acoustics SoundSystem , which competes with the Infinity Gold of the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Suggested Improvements

I'm really not sure, since the issues I've detected may not be a common with other Jeep Patriots produced. Windshield Wiper De-icers would be nice !