2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Patriot 2007
By bombshellfromhell on 08/03/08 19:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first brand new car purchase. We checked out a lot of SUVs and for the price you couldn't beat the Jeep Patriot.

She is what she is...
By JimCno on 07/05/08 12:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a car that I could strap a canoe to the top and go down some God awful roads to get to some rivers to fish. At the same time it needed to have a nice ride as we would be using it for long trips. The Patriot fits that bill perfectly! I've had her down back roads, dirt roads, rock roads and off road. She's got the ground clearance to handle all of them. She handles well on highways and back roads. She's got ample cargo space. She doesn't have the greatest power or gas mileage but I have the automatic CVT. I'm sure the manual transmission would improve both. It would be hard to beat her versatility. AND she's made in the good old USA!

The Jeepster
By THOR on 06/21/08 00:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this jeep that was repossessed and sold at auction to the dealer. I wanted to buy a new 2008 Limited in full. My local dealer could not fine one that i wanted. Limited, Loaded and Green. It is a Jeep all the way. Fun, stylish and can attack any obstacle in its way. It's my third Jeep and this one takes the cake. It is good on gas. I do A LOT of driving in this American icon and its a dream. Road noise is more suppressed than any other jeep. I have to dispute all the gas tank size complaints. The average range for a car is 300 miles. Remember the tank is in par with the range. If it was bigger it would hang lower and weigh more. Hence less gas MPG rating.

Love It!
By cladygray on 06/14/08 16:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned the '07 Patriot since April. Was the last one on the lot for '07s. Got good deal. Did a lot of reading before test driving. Was looking for a more economical vehicle- still have Dodge Dakota Quad V8 but it sits in the driveway most of the time. Kept it to haul trailer & boat. Got the fully loaded version. Seats are very comfortable-both my husband and I have bad backs and have yet experienced any problems. Drive city & highway-have just got to 3000 miles and am getting 22-26 mpg. CVT took some time getting use to-really like the fact that you can't feel the gears change.

Love my Jeep!
By Love my Jeep! on 06/04/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Patriot, no regrets! It has almost been a year (bought in July 07) and 17,000+ miles. Reasonably priced, great gas mileage, room for my dogs, & fun to drive were major factors in buying a new vehicle. I commute about 60 miles round trip to work doing both city and highway driving. Averaging 24-27 mpg (depending how much foot I put into it!). Not nervous about zipping in and out of traffic. We’ve taken it on several road trips, very comfortable & SIRIUS radio is great! Recommend to anyone looking for reliable, great gas mileage, roomy/comfortable, fun to drive, room to haul stuff (with the back seats down), & eye catching compact SUV that get compliments!

Good Jeep
By Great Car on 05/16/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Jeep Patriot. It is a very good vehicle. When bad weather hits I never have to worry about getting to where I want to go. It gets decent gas mileage for an SUV, and I haven't had any mechanical problems. I wish it had an automatic transmission instead of a manual transmission. All-in-all, it's a good car that I would recommend to Jeep lovers.

Love My Patroit
By Diana Havens on 05/13/08 07:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Today driving to work at 65 mph I reach 29.4 mpg.. It is a 4x2, love being up higher. Buy one! Friend told me he couldn't get that kind of gas mileage with his wrangler. DO YOU REALLY NEED 4 Wheel drive. NO!

A little gem
By Yazzhsh on 05/02/08 16:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I read as many reviews as i could before test driving it. When i test drove it, I knew it was the perfect choice! I compared it to its competitors such as the Rav4 and the Honda CR-V but i felt that with the Patriot i was getting a lot of car for the extremely reasonable price. I am not disappointed with my choice. My family and i are spending a lot more time out of the house!!

My li'l Black Demon!!!
By Krystle on 04/25/08 10:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Patriot: it looks like a Jeep, but feels like your in a car that's a little higher. I've had my Jeep for a little less than a year! I personally think city/street driving is not its best feature, but it's so minor, who really cares. You have to get used to it. That's a Jeep for you! When I first bought my Jeep, no one had it, now everyday I see at least 3 of them on the road! I have a traveling job, I am always on the road. The gas mileage is ok, not that great, but it's good for your average SUV/truck. I get an average of 21-24 miles for highway. The driving when its windy is pretty nerve wrecking, the Jeep seems to get pushed with the wind, especially driving on a bridge.

Happy Camper
By Deb on 04/08/08 09:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this Patriot in December 2007 after owning a Liberty for 4 years. Love the looks of the vehicle, spaciousness inside, and the gas mileage. Gas mileage is much better than what we were getting with our Liberty. Gets around in the snow fine without using the 4-wheel drive. Great vehicle for the price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.