2007 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
57,500 miles, 0 Problems
By JMo on 03/18/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Maybe I'm just lucky but I have never had a problem with my Patriot. I traded in my '05 Wrangler (cause THAT got terrible MPG) for this Patriot that had 16000 when I got it. Drove it from LA to San Fran and then to Boston a few months later, packed to the brink and not a single problem, even going over the Rockies. Drove from Boston to Tennessee and back last summer, and again, never a problem. I personally love the Jeep seats, back felt fine the whole trip and yet every time I drive my gf's '10 Rogue it just aches! Pretty powerful for a 4cyl, but of course it has the aerodynamics of a brick. Only have the 2WD and have done fine in two New England winters. Usually average 26 MPG

MPG issues
By MPG Issues on 03/03/10 13:43 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Jeep used with 30,000. Loved it when I first got it with the Boston stereo and the ESP and everything. I had to replace the Electronic Throttle control soon as I pulled in the drive way (warranty) 2 weeks later the driver strut (warranty) but now that I have 50,000 miles I have been getting gas mileage ranging 18-19 when I was getting 24 average. Tried replacing spark plugs, air filter and no change. Not happy, I could have a Jeep Grand Cherokee for this mileage. Also, fast acceleration is not an option without the car having to think of getting out of its own way first.

Does anybody else have this problem
By Krystle on 02/10/10 09:32 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So when i first bought this jeep, i had nothing but good things to say, but now that i am nearing the end, i do not like it anymore. I don't know if it is just the ABS, but i've had quite a few near crash situations. I think i am going with a car without ABS. If i hit a bump in the road, pothole or slippery road, my brakes appear to stop working or prevents me from braking (with a clicking noise). I may just have to deal with the workings of the ABS, but I definitely do not like it! Also, the Jeep is real noisy. Also, at 38,000+ miles, it appears my gas mileage is degrading slowly.

way to go jeep
By sammy s 426 on 01/04/10 05:22 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

In just the first two years I've owned this wonderful Jeep I've had to replace two wheel bearings, both front air sensors the radio and the gas tank started separating from the body of the truck. All I do is drive it to and from work approximately 15 road miles each way. To me I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone but some one who likes to work on cars.

Love It Or Leave It
By BLUELINE 1* on 12/28/09 22:27 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I own (3) Jeeps including the 2007 Jeep Patriot Limited . Im trying to decide whether to cross the line and purchase a Subaru Forester or trade the Patriot on the 2010 Jeep Liberty. The CVT transmission was replaced under warranty at 24,000. I have had repeated problems with the sunroof leaking and pouring water down through the courtesy lights. That said, I am a loyal "JEEP FAN " , which makes it harder to leave a product I love . Personally, as a retired LEO , Im a bit concerned about the vehicle sway . The promise of anti-roll mitigation is listed , but I dont want to be the one that puts it to the test .

nice jeep
By jeeplover on 12/06/09 21:04 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This jeep has a smooth ride. If you enjoy a small 4wd truck this is the answer.

Not bad for the buck
By 1eyedjack on 11/06/09 07:51 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the Patriot for over 2 years now. Gas millage wasn't very good till about 15,000 miles. Ran it through the mountains west of Denver Co. and that broke in that tight little engine. If I try I can get 27 to 28 MPG around town and oddly enough about the same on the road at 75 MPH. 32 MPG at 55 MPH. There are a lot of little things I would like different but you get used to how things are. To date I have had no issues with this unit. Everything seems to be working well. It even made the 11,003 foot climb on Interstate 70 west of Denver Co. with no problem. I reset the millage calculator on the down side of the mountain and got 437 MPG coasting. Beat that.

Awesome Vehicle
By Rachel on 10/07/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this Jeep due to gas mileage and overall features. We spend lots of time outside and in the mtns and this Jeep has no problems keeping up with us. Even though it is a 4cyld it can keep up with our 8cyld truck in the mtns any day. It is full of great features as well. Very easy to drive and handle on the road and plenty of space for hauling stuff. One of our favorite vehicles ever owned. It is the size of a smaller vehicle but has many of the features of a much larger one.

Better than some at high price
By JeepRunner on 09/15/09 09:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After researching the price compared to the amenities on all SUV's this size, I have found this jeep to be great. With proper maintenance, the jeep has never given me any trouble and works great when having to take it offroad. After owning it for over 2 years the only repair needed was the speakers which were on recall and I brought it in before the speakers go out. I bought the manual transmission due to the troubles still with the CVT transmissions and have no problems and getting around 32mpg. This vehicle goes long distances and goes offroad alot. I love this vehicle.

My first Jeep and my LAST
By Stibbetts on 08/22/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 4 months ago with just under 20k miles. I needed a new vehicle and fast, and the price was okay. I have regretted it ever since. The seats are horribly uncomfortable, especially for long trips. The gas milage, while not bad, isn't NEARLY as good as advertised, and the gas tank is so small it runs out in no time. I could take forever rattling off the little things that annoy me about it, but there isn't enough room. Finally, at 30k miles, I had to take the Jeep in to the dealership because the engine was misfiring. It as still under the 36k warranty, but seriously, if the thing is having problems this major at 30k, what do I have to look fwd to after warranty runs out?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.