2007 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: 2007 Patriot with Manual Trans

2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

2007 Patriot with Manual Transmission
By TM on

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The ride is smooth and the seats comfortable. I've had the car for over a week and I get a little over 27 MPG. I love the roominess. Seats three in rear seat comfortably. I did get the manual transmission because I'm not entirely sure of the reliability of CVT transmissions in general. There is a large debate over this topic. Besides, my previous car was a manual. In my prolonged quest to find a compact SUV that had good gas mileage, was under $20,000, and, of course, looked cool, this was the easy choice.

Gas mileage better than some hybrid SUVs. Removable flashlight is cool. Ride is smooth. Green metallic color. Handling is pretty agile. Highly configurable if you choose to special order it (which I did) which can make it very affordable.

Fuel efficient engine makes passing more difficult due to lack of punch, but that is a trade-off I knowingly made to get the fuel economy. Get rid of the pastel color options. Steering is a little loose.