2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
After 70k Problems!
By md59 on 02/03/11 10:54 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've enjoyed driving our 2007 Jeep Patriot 4x4 and have driven it carefully. Now after 70k miles I have two major repairs: 1) every pulley (alternator, two tensioners, air compressor) have bearings that have failed (and you cannot purchase just the part of the part - its all or nothing, baby!). 2)Also the front end is failing with the left ball joint out and the right not far behind. $2,200 after 70k miles is a little premature. Outside of that it has been a good vehicle except it has too much road noise.

Several Problems - Water and Automatic Transmission
By ondago on 12/31/10 14:28 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this vehicle brand new in the summer of 2007. The first ice storm that winter, I got water leaking in through the sun roof to the interior lights which then went all over the dashboard through the radio and electronics. Dealer took care of the problem under warranty. At only 125,000 kms (less than 3 years old) I had to replace the transmission. Dealer also took care of this even though the car wasn't under warranty - I paid the value of labor. Still the transmission slips on acceleration, not sure how long this one will last. Dealership has been fantastic but will admit the vehicle itself is a bit of a lemon but I love the brand Jeep. So very disappointed in this vehicle.

Another Bad Transmission
By kwijibur on 12/16/10 12:42 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new in 2007 3 weeks before they offered the lifetime powertrain warranty. Now, at 56k miles, it needs a new transmission. This is after the control arm and tie rod failures that were covered (thankfully) under the 3/36 warranty. I understand that it's out of warranty now. But, a new transmission on a 3 y/o car with only 56k miles? Really? Chrysler customer service have also been real jerks. I called them for 'payment assistance' at the recommendation of the dealer and they've promised me a response by 'the end of the day' for five days straight.

A good purchase
By ScorpioDude on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

when I needed a new car 3 years ago I spent weeks online looking over reviews of the Jeep, the Nitro, the Xterra and a few others. Then I test drove a few and settled on the Jeep Patriot Limited and I've never been happier. There was one issue with the sunroof leaking but that is all, nothing else has ever gone wrong with this car in 3.5 years. As others have mentioned, this car comes packed with features at a price thousands of dollars less than competitors. The interior styling in Black, gray, and silver is basic but very nicely done. All of the features, from the 4 wheel drive to the heated seats perform beautifully time and time again.

Stumble during acceleration
By smitty on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Seen other post about same problem wondering how it was solved sick of money on this Jeep any help would be great tranny been replaced already 25,000 km ago. O2 sensor was done last week and dealer also put new throttle body and throttle position sensor.

Problems after 60,000
By Don Ward on 08/09/10 09:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I took my patriot to a dealer for normal oil change. I had been hearing some groaning noise from front end. They checked it and said it was the right front ball joints and tie rod ends. And rear auto link. Whatever that does. The Jeep only has 63k on it. That is not very good for a three year old SUV. I will never buy one again, and I will be looking for something else.

Loved my Jeep Patriot!
By Todd on 07/21/10 09:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased brand new and drove it for 45,000 trouble free miles. I changed the oil every 3,000 and replaced a set of tires around 35,000 miles. I changed the spark plugs at 30,000 miles. Other than those standard maintenance items, the Jeeper was great. It is a great looking vehicle, got decent gas mileage (Avg 21 MPG), and was comfortable to drive. This is a great vehicle if you love the Jeep brand but dislike the normal gas mileage you get from a Jeep.

A Fun SUV
By william Ward on 05/14/10 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have been to the Colorado mountains to 11,000 feet elevations from Missouri at 800 feet. We got up to 30.3 MPG across Kansas, a lot of 28.8 with a very loaded car. The noise level was quiet enough to play the radio and talk with out being loud. Seats were very comfortable for us, I even have a bad back. We go off road every year with National Forest maps with every jeep we have had for 15 years, this Patriot did well also, but not as well as our Grand Cherokee. Around town we get 24.8 to 30 MPG and enjoy it. The CVT transmission took some getting use to to get better gas mileage. The Wrangler tires are wearing out at 30,000 miles even though I keep them at 40 PSI. New tires to be soon

Bad transmission
By Sharon on 05/12/10 07:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle with only 18,000 miles on it a year ago. I was really happy with it until it started chugging every so often while driving in reverse and also while driving at very slow speeds. I have been told that it has transmission problems and will need a new one. It only has 29,000 miles on it, the 3 yr dealership warranty has expired and I have been told a new transmission on this vehicle runs $7,000.

Does the Job
By Loadtoad24 on 04/30/10 18:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well had the jeep about 89,000 miles now, never taken under warranty, except for a recall on the ABS, no trans problems yet, replaced all front control arms, tie rod ends and sway bar links, shocks and all the rear control arms, at 88,000 Illinois roads are so wonderful!, i to have had degradation in my fuel economy, good vehicle, no real complaints, oh and seems if you have sunroof they just leak!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.