Used 2007 Jeep Patriot Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Best transportation
By thepatriot23

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This SUV is beast! This is my 4th and favorite vehicle. I chose the older 2007 model because I like the rectangular shape of the interior better then the circular junk in the new models and it has that classic look. Mine came with leather seats, heated seats, aftermarket radio, sun/moon roof, nice rims, and dark tint. What more do you need? This car is just fun to drive. The ride quality is very smooth and can compensate for any crappy roads. Its nice to have that little extra clearance to go up a steep area which you cant do in a car without scratching the front end. Over all this car is just great and the best transportation to beat around in.

Loved it, but now I'm over it . . .
By dl_in_ks

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new because of the looks and the "lifetime" warrenty. It does get pretty decent gas mileage but that's about it. I had replaced only the battery and tires by the time it hit 98,000 miles - 90% of which were highway miles and 0% off road. Then the problems started happening, the whole front end had to be replaced and it's still making noises. The alternator went out, the sun roof is leaking, the CVT transmission scares me enough that at times I'm scared to pull out into traffic. It now has 109,000 miles on it. I just returned from a week long/2,600 mile trip - I was concerned about being able to make it back home! This is my first Jeep, this is my last Jeep!

Favorite Features

The styling looks great, I'm not ashamed to have it sitting in my driveway or for friends to see me in it.

Suggested Improvements

The drink holders in the console are poorly placed. Forget about a middle passenger in the back seat unles they are under 3 feet tall. The finish on the radio screen makes it impossible to see in the daylight. The next repair bill won't happen . . . next time it breaks . . . it's gone!

Awesome Vehicle
By Rachel

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this Jeep due to gas mileage and overall features. We spend lots of time outside and in the mtns and this Jeep has no problems keeping up with us. Even though it is a 4cyld it can keep up with our 8cyld truck in the mtns any day. It is full of great features as well. Very easy to drive and handle on the road and plenty of space for hauling stuff. One of our favorite vehicles ever owned. It is the size of a smaller vehicle but has many of the features of a much larger one.

Favorite Features

AC outlet in console (every vehicle should have one), Seat warmers, hard plastic back end, leather seats, roof rack, satellite radio, in dash tire pressure gauge, radio controls on steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Premium radio with 6 dish changer does not have port to hook up Ipod like standard radio

So glad I made this decision
By LoveMyJeep2422

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was debating on purchasing this Jeep after driving my Acura. I am so glad I made the change! This is my first SUV. I had done a lot of research and test driving comparable brands, but this one was by far the best. I have the Limited. The U-Connect phone is my favorite feature so nice to be able to drive safely. Yes the cup holders are in a awkward spot, but its not a big deal. I am getting 24-26 around city and 27 on highway MPG. I had been looking at a Pathfinder, but thank god I made the right choice.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, leather seats, U-Connect phone, foot room in the backseat

Suggested Improvements

None!

Love my Jeep!
By Love my Jeep!

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Patriot, no regrets! It has almost been a year (bought in July 07) and 17,000+ miles. Reasonably priced, great gas mileage, room for my dogs, & fun to drive were major factors in buying a new vehicle. I commute about 60 miles round trip to work doing both city and highway driving. Averaging 24-27 mpg (depending how much foot I put into it!). Not nervous about zipping in and out of traffic. Weve taken it on several road trips, very comfortable & SIRIUS radio is great! Recommend to anyone looking for reliable, great gas mileage, roomy/comfortable, fun to drive, room to haul stuff (with the back seats down), & eye catching compact SUV that get compliments!

Favorite Features

Almost everything; gas mileage, sunroof, navigation, fold down back seats, bluetooth (Ill never not have it again!), roomy leg room (sales guy 63 sat in the front passenger; Dad 61 sat in the passenger back seat; both had PLENTY of leg & head room).

Suggested Improvements

It is a shorter suv; however, I just fold down the convenient back seats to give me more hauling room. Rear view mirror needs to be closer; hard to reach for bluetooth button. Putting a bluetooth button on the steering wheel would be nice!