Used 2007 Jeep Patriot Sport SUV Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Junk
By Nate

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned are jeep for 2 years and put 40k miles on it and in that time the transmission went 2 weeks after we got it and has acted weird ever sense the new one was put in. And I've replaced both lower control arms/ballpoints twice on each side. 3 outer tie-rods. And have replace the RF wheel bearing 5 times now and it needs to be done again. And it also hesitates bad when u want to take off b/c of the transmission style they used.

I Will Never Buy Another...And I Love My Jeep.
By jessekhorning

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 from a dealer after it had been a year lease with 15,000m on it. For the first couple of years I loved this car and have taken care of it.

The alignment has had to be replaced twice, the speakers blew out (my fault), the driver seatbelt sometimes comes unclipped at random times, it's had a whirring noise for 2 months and tonight the transmission went. I had to drive home in first gear for half an hour and barely made it. It has 90,000m on it now which isn't bad compared to a lot of people's trannys with the same model, but replacing it costs more than the car's worth.

I'd never buy another Jeep. Just had a talk with a mechanic friend- they don't make them well anymore.

Amazing turn radius, green colour, interior tan fabric colour and durability, seat comfort, size, leg room for tall people in front and back, and especially that the windows go all the way down in the back seat.

Reliable transmissions. Actual off-road capabilities.

Great first car
By matt142

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My patriot was my first car, buying it after graduating college.
I bought it after the car was only on the market for a few months.
I love the look of it, reminds me of the old Cherokee, which I hope they bring back.

It gets great gas mileage on the highway and around town.
I've taken my Patriot from the deserts of Arizona to the snow of the midwest to the beaches and it has never let me down.

With 90K on it, I have had no major problems, excluding replacing the ball joints, but that could be due to my spirited driving.

I love the manual transmission. I had a newer Patriot as a rental with an auto transmission, but it didn't have the get up I have come to appreciate with my 5 speed. Great audio system. I have the standard radio and speakers but it sounds like a more expensive system. Leg room in both the front and back seats. Being almost 6' tall my passengers are never cramped for leg room in the back seat. It comes well equipped with a reasonable price tag and never regretted my purchase.

Bigger gas tank. I think that is my biggest complaint. I feel like I have to stop too often when I'm on long road trips.

Good value and functional, some issues
By wildkard58

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 Jeep Patriot Sport model with the CVT transmission and front wheel drive.
Had it for 4 years and it was good value, quite functional however it had some issues.

The CVT tranny is buzzy.
The Patriot is not that quiet on the highway for road trips.
This SUV will get you 30-32 miles to the gallon highway driving around 70 miles an hour.
There is good storage space.

A known problem with the Patriot is the front end suspension system.
Before the 3 year/60,000 km warranty runs out, have an independent mechanic check the control arms and tie rods.
They are Jeep only parts and you will replace them at some point (I did before warranty expired).
That's why I traded it in.

CVT transmission good for gas mileage: 30-32 highway only, 22-23 city only. Good amount of storage space.

Better front end suspension.

Stumble during acceleration
By smitty

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Seen other post about same problem wondering how it was solved sick of money on this Jeep any help would be great tranny been replaced already 25,000 km ago. O2 sensor was done last week and dealer also put new throttle body and throttle position sensor.