2007 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
JUNK transmissions
By abe1980 on 04/23/14 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4 liter, 4 cylinder, auto ( CVT )... Bought the jeep with only 54,544 mile's, now at 70,053 the transmission went. Only had the jeep for one year, not very happy with still owe $13,800 and bought for $15,500... www.whybuythrifty.com is not recommended dealership, no extended warranty offered, also a lot of run around...

Best transportation
By thepatriot23 on 10/08/13 20:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This SUV is beast! This is my 4th and favorite vehicle. I chose the older 2007 model because I like the rectangular shape of the interior better then the circular junk in the new models and it has that classic look. Mine came with leather seats, heated seats, aftermarket radio, sun/moon roof, nice rims, and dark tint. What more do you need? This car is just fun to drive. The ride quality is very smooth and can compensate for any crappy roads. Its nice to have that little extra clearance to go up a steep area which you cant do in a car without scratching the front end. Over all this car is just great and the best transportation to beat around in.

Loved it, but now I'm over it . . .
By dl_in_ks on 10/20/12 07:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new because of the looks and the "lifetime" warrenty. It does get pretty decent gas mileage but that's about it. I had replaced only the battery and tires by the time it hit 98,000 miles - 90% of which were highway miles and 0% off road. Then the problems started happening, the whole front end had to be replaced and it's still making noises. The alternator went out, the sun roof is leaking, the CVT transmission scares me enough that at times I'm scared to pull out into traffic. It now has 109,000 miles on it. I just returned from a week long/2,600 mile trip - I was concerned about being able to make it back home! This is my first Jeep, this is my last Jeep!

I Will Never Buy Another...And I Love My Jeep.
By jessekhorning on 07/23/12 21:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 from a dealer after it had been a year lease with 15,000m on it. For the first couple of years I loved this car and have taken care of it. The alignment has had to be replaced twice, the speakers blew out (my fault), the driver seatbelt sometimes comes unclipped at random times, it's had a whirring noise for 2 months and tonight the transmission went. I had to drive home in first gear for half an hour and barely made it. It has 90,000m on it now which isn't bad compared to a lot of people's trannys with the same model, but replacing it costs more than the car's worth. I'd never buy another Jeep. Just had a talk with a mechanic friend- they don't make them well anymore.

It was trusty...
By joe_e on 05/28/12 19:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drove a 2007 AWD model for 5 years. Note: at no point in time is the machine EVER 4x4. Even when you flip that little switch up, it never goes into a 'true' 4x4. Got it as a daily driver, as my '99 Cherokee was a bit heavy on gas usage. When you buy this vehicle, you're getting exactly what you pay for. The CVT is one of the most worthless inventions for automobiles, mileage notwithstanding. Leave it for ATV's and snowmobiles. It worked well in Wisconsin snow with the AWD, but still was no more than an AWD car, not a Jeep by any stretch of the imagination. It began to be a bit much. Caught fire on some grass, burned the entire machine into a skeleton of itself. Not. A. Jeep.

Chrysler ruins what had so much potential ...
By kingtj on 05/07/12 09:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 with the CVT transmission, used, just over a year ago as a "certified used vehicle". Thankfully, I also bought an extended warranty. The vehicle is ideal in concept; small fuel-efficient SUV that seats 5, can haul a lot of cargo for its size (including a full length ladder if you fold down the passenger front seat and back seats), and great snow/ice handling too, at a reasonable price. In reality? Chrysler's cutting corners everywhere ruins things. My CVT transmission is shot, after less than 70K miles, and had bad ball joints/tie rod ends at 37K miles. Interior is full of cheap plastic everywhere, too. Even the factory battery wore out in 40K miles.

Great first car
By matt142 on 12/06/11 17:15 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My patriot was my first car, buying it after graduating college. I bought it after the car was only on the market for a few months. I love the look of it, reminds me of the old Cherokee, which I hope they bring back. It gets great gas mileage on the highway and around town. I've taken my Patriot from the deserts of Arizona to the snow of the midwest to the beaches and it has never let me down. With 90K on it, I have had no major problems, excluding replacing the ball joints, but that could be due to my spirited driving.

Good value and functional, some issues
By wildkard58 on 11/21/11 12:04 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 Jeep Patriot Sport model with the CVT transmission and front wheel drive. Had it for 4 years and it was good value, quite functional however it had some issues. The CVT tranny is buzzy. The Patriot is not that quiet on the highway for road trips. This SUV will get you 30-32 miles to the gallon highway driving around 70 miles an hour. There is good storage space. A known problem with the Patriot is the front end suspension system. Before the 3 year/60,000 km warranty runs out, have an independent mechanic check the control arms and tie rods. They are Jeep only parts and you will replace them at some point (I did before warranty expired). That's why I traded it in.

Not what everyone else said
By crashgordon on 09/20/11 14:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After reading several reviews by other owners I'm reassured about my purchase decision. I bought my 2007 Patriot new in September 2007, soon after the lifetime warranty was offered. I opted for a manual transmission because I wanted the better gas mileage and was unsure about the CVT's. I wanted to wait until the CVT's had been in service for a few years before I bought one. Also, I was unimpressed with the CVT when I test drove one. With 65,000 miles I have had two warranty issues - the shift boot split and the switch on the cruise control needed replaced. NO other issues. I also bought a 100,000 mile service contract for the car, but have never used it. I have had no complaints.

Great Jeep
By frenchad on 03/17/11 23:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My jeep now has 72k on it, and keeps running strong. There has been a few little things that have gone with it, but so does every car. I was looking at Subaru foresters, but could get this car with much more options, for much less of a price. Handles great in the snow, and sticks to the road with 4x4. Havent had any trans problems, but I also take preventative measures with my cars, like getting the fluids flushed periodically. The certified warranty is great up to 84k and haven't had to use it except for a reprogramming of a control module. all in all, Great Jeep!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.