2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
I Will Never Buy Another...And I Love My Jeep.
By jessekhorning on 07/23/12 21:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 from a dealer after it had been a year lease with 15,000m on it. For the first couple of years I loved this car and have taken care of it. The alignment has had to be replaced twice, the speakers blew out (my fault), the driver seatbelt sometimes comes unclipped at random times, it's had a whirring noise for 2 months and tonight the transmission went. I had to drive home in first gear for half an hour and barely made it. It has 90,000m on it now which isn't bad compared to a lot of people's trannys with the same model, but replacing it costs more than the car's worth. I'd never buy another Jeep. Just had a talk with a mechanic friend- they don't make them well anymore.

Great first car
By matt142 on 12/06/11 17:15 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My patriot was my first car, buying it after graduating college. I bought it after the car was only on the market for a few months. I love the look of it, reminds me of the old Cherokee, which I hope they bring back. It gets great gas mileage on the highway and around town. I've taken my Patriot from the deserts of Arizona to the snow of the midwest to the beaches and it has never let me down. With 90K on it, I have had no major problems, excluding replacing the ball joints, but that could be due to my spirited driving.

Good value and functional, some issues
By wildkard58 on 11/21/11 12:04 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 Jeep Patriot Sport model with the CVT transmission and front wheel drive. Had it for 4 years and it was good value, quite functional however it had some issues. The CVT tranny is buzzy. The Patriot is not that quiet on the highway for road trips. This SUV will get you 30-32 miles to the gallon highway driving around 70 miles an hour. There is good storage space. A known problem with the Patriot is the front end suspension system. Before the 3 year/60,000 km warranty runs out, have an independent mechanic check the control arms and tie rods. They are Jeep only parts and you will replace them at some point (I did before warranty expired). That's why I traded it in.

Stumble during acceleration
By smitty on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Seen other post about same problem wondering how it was solved sick of money on this Jeep any help would be great tranny been replaced already 25,000 km ago. O2 sensor was done last week and dealer also put new throttle body and throttle position sensor.

Bad transmission
By Sharon on 05/12/10 07:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle with only 18,000 miles on it a year ago. I was really happy with it until it started chugging every so often while driving in reverse and also while driving at very slow speeds. I have been told that it has transmission problems and will need a new one. It only has 29,000 miles on it, the 3 yr dealership warranty has expired and I have been told a new transmission on this vehicle runs $7,000.

57,500 miles, 0 Problems
By JMo on 03/18/10 20:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Maybe I'm just lucky but I have never had a problem with my Patriot. I traded in my '05 Wrangler (cause THAT got terrible MPG) for this Patriot that had 16000 when I got it. Drove it from LA to San Fran and then to Boston a few months later, packed to the brink and not a single problem, even going over the Rockies. Drove from Boston to Tennessee and back last summer, and again, never a problem. I personally love the Jeep seats, back felt fine the whole trip and yet every time I drive my gf's '10 Rogue it just aches! Pretty powerful for a 4cyl, but of course it has the aerodynamics of a brick. Only have the 2WD and have done fine in two New England winters. Usually average 26 MPG

Does anybody else have this problem
By Krystle on 02/10/10 09:32 AM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So when i first bought this jeep, i had nothing but good things to say, but now that i am nearing the end, i do not like it anymore. I don't know if it is just the ABS, but i've had quite a few near crash situations. I think i am going with a car without ABS. If i hit a bump in the road, pothole or slippery road, my brakes appear to stop working or prevents me from braking (with a clicking noise). I may just have to deal with the workings of the ABS, but I definitely do not like it! Also, the Jeep is real noisy. Also, at 38,000+ miles, it appears my gas mileage is degrading slowly.

My first Jeep and my LAST
By Stibbetts on 08/22/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 4 months ago with just under 20k miles. I needed a new vehicle and fast, and the price was okay. I have regretted it ever since. The seats are horribly uncomfortable, especially for long trips. The gas milage, while not bad, isn't NEARLY as good as advertised, and the gas tank is so small it runs out in no time. I could take forever rattling off the little things that annoy me about it, but there isn't enough room. Finally, at 30k miles, I had to take the Jeep in to the dealership because the engine was misfiring. It as still under the 36k warranty, but seriously, if the thing is having problems this major at 30k, what do I have to look fwd to after warranty runs out?

Not bad
By climber117 on 03/16/09 11:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third vehicle. It has the best fuel economy of any other vehicle i have owned. It is a solid vehicle that is practical and functional. I only have FWD but have had it off- road, and as long as it's not sand it does fine.

2007 Jeep Patriot 100 mile trip daily
By bmillsxt6 on 01/28/09 18:58 PM (PST)

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 07 Patriot a couple of months back. I do like the fuel economy! getting around 29mpg with 89 octane 2.4 litre engine, 5speed, 2wd. I am impressed with what I got for the money so far, The surf blue clear coat paint is beautiful! and I like the convenience of the vinyl interior. This is the 5th Jeep vehicle I have owned and although its not the toughest off roader it suits 100 mile daily highway trips just fine. The center console is kinda awkward though, the armrest doesn't seem to meet up with your elbow just right and the cup holder is on the floor board pretty much. Other than that it is a blast to drive and mine has no power options, no cruise no fancy things period

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.