Used 2007 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

JUNK transmissions
By abe1980

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4 liter, 4 cylinder, auto ( CVT )... Bought the jeep with only 54,544 mile's, now at 70,053 the transmission went. Only had the jeep for one year, not very happy with still owe $13,800 and bought for $15,500... www.whybuythrifty.com is not recommended dealership, no extended warranty offered, also a lot of run around...

Heated seat's, good on gas, also smoothe ride.

Make better transmission's and offer better warranties on jeep's....

Best transportation
By thepatriot23

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This SUV is beast! This is my 4th and favorite vehicle. I chose the older 2007 model because I like the rectangular shape of the interior better then the circular junk in the new models and it has that classic look. Mine came with leather seats, heated seats, aftermarket radio, sun/moon roof, nice rims, and dark tint. What more do you need? This car is just fun to drive. The ride quality is very smooth and can compensate for any crappy roads. Its nice to have that little extra clearance to go up a steep area which you cant do in a car without scratching the front end. Over all this car is just great and the best transportation to beat around in.

Loved it, but now I'm over it . . .
By dl_in_ks

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new because of the looks and the "lifetime" warrenty. It does get pretty decent gas mileage but that's about it. I had replaced only the battery and tires by the time it hit 98,000 miles - 90% of which were highway miles and 0% off road. Then the problems started happening, the whole front end had to be replaced and it's still making noises. The alternator went out, the sun roof is leaking, the CVT transmission scares me enough that at times I'm scared to pull out into traffic. It now has 109,000 miles on it. I just returned from a week long/2,600 mile trip - I was concerned about being able to make it back home! This is my first Jeep, this is my last Jeep!

The styling looks great, I'm not ashamed to have it sitting in my driveway or for friends to see me in it.

The drink holders in the console are poorly placed. Forget about a middle passenger in the back seat unles they are under 3 feet tall. The finish on the radio screen makes it impossible to see in the daylight. The next repair bill won't happen . . . next time it breaks . . . it's gone!

I Will Never Buy Another...And I Love My Jeep.
By jessekhorning

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2007 from a dealer after it had been a year lease with 15,000m on it. For the first couple of years I loved this car and have taken care of it. The alignment has had to be replaced twice, the speakers blew out (my fault), the driver seatbelt sometimes comes unclipped at random times, it's had a whirring noise for 2 months and tonight the transmission went. I had to drive home in first gear for half an hour and barely made it. It has 90,000m on it now which isn't bad compared to a lot of people's trannys with the same model, but replacing it costs more than the car's worth. I'd never buy another Jeep. Just had a talk with a mechanic friend- they don't make them well anymore.

Amazing turn radius, green colour, interior tan fabric colour and durability, seat comfort, size, leg room for tall people in front and back, and especially that the windows go all the way down in the back seat.

Reliable transmissions. Actual off-road capabilities.

It was trusty...
By joe_e

2007 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Drove a 2007 AWD model for 5 years. Note: at no point in time is the machine EVER 4x4. Even when you flip that little switch up, it never goes into a 'true' 4x4. Got it as a daily driver, as my '99 Cherokee was a bit heavy on gas usage. When you buy this vehicle, you're getting exactly what you pay for. The CVT is one of the most worthless inventions for automobiles, mileage notwithstanding. Leave it for ATV's and snowmobiles. It worked well in Wisconsin snow with the AWD, but still was no more than an AWD car, not a Jeep by any stretch of the imagination. It began to be a bit much. Caught fire on some grass, burned the entire machine into a skeleton of itself. Not. A. Jeep.

Liked the luggage rack, and the interior space WAS just cheap plastic, but it was durable. Hauled tons of wood, 3 dogs, sand, kayaks, anything you can imagine. It looks very good, but under the skin, it's just a car.

Make it a Jeep.