It's not a compromise
By jsib on
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
Never a compromise, a pack leader. Show me another "comparable" vehicle that can tow 5000lbs, great 4x4 for my excursions and snow, looks like a royal and is a snap to clean up!?! I towed 3000lbs from Tulsa to Indianapolis at 19.1 mpg and 65mph. My friend has a V8 Tahoe and never gets better than 15 around town with some highway added in. Roomy, easy to use and a classic elegant design inside and out. Extremely happy with it and it kills me that the replacement is awful and ugly (2014 Cherokee). Jeep forums are filled with Jeep loyalist that actually love to help out. With the added benefit of a 7yr/100,000 mile warranty my boys will be driving this in ten years easy. If I am not.
Favorite Features
The radio with UConnect is easy to use, good looking and works great. The interior may be "slabby and cheap" but the design makes it very easy to clean up. I have cleaned two milkshake bombs, one accidental one terrain assisted, like it was a counter top. No nooks to hide in and spoil. The interior is very spacious and kicks the old Liberty and a H2, CRV, Rav4 or Explorer's butt with size, ease and just plain good looks.
Suggested Improvements
The engine. No not for more power just smoothness and the lack of ECO jerking. The four speed is actually a wonderful gearbox but a 5 or 6 would just add, once again, smoothness to the vehicle. A better bluetooth link with smart phones for bluetooth music streaming and do away with the VR button. There are other hard buttons that do it's job and the memo feature is under utilized to a point that the system can do without and no one would notice.