2012 Jeep Liberty 3.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 12 months and no regrets

2012 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

12 months and no regrets
By krisiam on

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

First and foremost I love this car because of the value -- an unbelievable deal at the time I got it at the end of '11 taking advantage of mfg. incentives left me with a 4x4 with popular option group for 22K. That's so low for a 6 cylinder 4x4 SUV it's unreal. Front seats are supportive and would be comfortable except for the placement of the driver's side seat belt the metal part digs into my hip and becomes painful on long rides. Stereo has decent sound and the output to hook up the mp3 player is a nice. Have had some electrical issues which affect the horn and audio controls, have had it in 4x for the same problem(s). Holding out hope they'll resolve it, want to keep it forever.

Favorite Features

A true, rugged 4x4 -- no wanna be here. Powerful towing capability. Nice sound from speakers. Plenty of cargo space. Ample backseat space. All seats fold flat for hauling (very helpful!). Exterior appearance -- looks cool.

Suggested Improvements

Have had it in 4x for wiring issue in the steering column, affects horn function (stops working altogether or blares continuously) and audio steering wheel controls (stop working). Drivers side seat belt receiver is painful as it digs into the hip on long rides. Would like the window controls back on the center console where my previous Jeep Liberty had them.