2012 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
It's not a compromise
By jsib on 08/15/13 05:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Never a compromise, a pack leader. Show me another "comparable" vehicle that can tow 5000lbs, great 4x4 for my excursions and snow, looks like a royal and is a snap to clean up!?! I towed 3000lbs from Tulsa to Indianapolis at 19.1 mpg and 65mph. My friend has a V8 Tahoe and never gets better than 15 around town with some highway added in. Roomy, easy to use and a classic elegant design inside and out. Extremely happy with it and it kills me that the replacement is awful and ugly (2014 Cherokee). Jeep forums are filled with Jeep loyalist that actually love to help out. With the added benefit of a 7yr/100,000 mile warranty my boys will be driving this in ten years easy. If I am not.

12 months and no regrets
By krisiam on 11/28/12 09:01 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

First and foremost I love this car because of the value -- an unbelievable deal at the time I got it at the end of '11 taking advantage of mfg. incentives left me with a 4x4 with popular option group for 22K. That's so low for a 6 cylinder 4x4 SUV it's unreal. Front seats are supportive and would be comfortable except for the placement of the driver's side seat belt the metal part digs into my hip and becomes painful on long rides. Stereo has decent sound and the output to hook up the mp3 player is a nice. Have had some electrical issues which affect the horn and audio controls, have had it in 4x for the same problem(s). Holding out hope they'll resolve it, want to keep it forever.

New Jeep Owner
By dvkiel on 11/06/12 06:06 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We've only had our 2012 Jeep Liberty Sport for about a month. So far I am very pleased with the overall performance of this vehicle. It is very solidly built and handles very well. I am a bit disappointed with the gas mileage (20 mpg) thus far, but with only 800 miles on the it I'm hoping it will get better. The overall interior, and exterior design are very nice. The media center with gps and satilite radio nice as well. The hard drive is an added bonus. I think the professional reviewers are selling this vehicle short. Hope to have it for a very long time to come. This is used as pleasure vehicle.

All exellent consumer reviews Why do the pros not like this vehicle
By adrexel on 09/12/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2004 wrangler sport and just traded in a 2009 grand cherokee with a quadra trac 1. Living in maine I wanted a vehicle that was trail rated and could seat 5 and tow 5000lbs This liberty fit the order. My wife and I love it. I being older the crossovers do not appeal to me if I want a soft ride I would by a car. Great vehicle!

The best vehicle I have ever purchased
By dealer7 on 04/24/12 18:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Being 55 years old I have purchased many, many vehicles the Jeep Liberty is by far the best most logical I have ever purchased. The MPG is alot better than advertised, the ride is alot smoother than I expected ,the exterior and interior styling is great. This Jeep is built to last it will most likely last me the rest of my life. I test drove every mid size SUV on the market and found that no other manufacturer comes close to the Jeep Liberty. I let some friends take it for a trip they loved it and are now in the market for one. The Liberty was a great surprise and I am very happy I bought one.

It's Great
By truckres on 03/01/12 20:56 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We spent over a year researching and testing vehicles before we decided on the Liberty. We wanted something that did 3 things. Could go off-road on some fairly tough trails, could tow a camping trailer, and can still be used as comfortable daily driver. The Liberty does all three very well. We have had it a month now, and find it to be very comfortable to drive, quiet on the highway, maneuverable, great in the snow, and though early perfectly reliable. The Limited has a nice leather interior and other nice to have features like power seats, bluetooth, etc. We strongly considered Xterra, FJ Cruiser, Wrangler, and 4-Runner. All were either too big, too expensive, or not daily driver friendly.

Best choice for the money
By keno90 on 02/23/12 10:21 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the best choice for people who are on a budget, actually need a 4x4, towing and have children. Edmunds is crazy to say otherwise. I wonder sometimes where these guys live and if they have a budget. There is no other vehicle in this class, at this price that even comes close. We just traded our 2008 Liberty in on a 2012 because they were selling them so cheap. We got a very well equiped (4x4, V6, towing package, sunroof) Liberty for $23,700. That was the dealer price folks, not with anything down or traded. We were actually upside down on our trade but it was worth trading because it lowered our payment $50 a month.

A good choice
By jeffinhawaii on 02/02/12 12:00 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Jet 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased the 2012 Liberty Jet edition. Over the past two weeks that I have had the vehicle, I have found it to exceed my expectations from what I have read in other reviews on line. I bought it based primarily on an emotional response - I had a 2002 Jeep Liberty that finally died. I was looking at other vehicles and then test drove the Jet. If you are looking for a vehicle that has the power, capability and look to plow through rough terrain, but then transition nicely to a luxurious ride, the Jet does it in spades. The seating is comfortable, the cabin well equipped and understandable and it really performs on and off the road. No complaints thus far.

Defective Drive Train
By doodlebugger on 12/18/11 07:36 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have driven this vehicle for 3000 miles to date and have found the vehicle to have a defective drive train. Only on the 4X4, there is a power surge in the cruising range of 60 mph. Have been to 3 dealer service departments...none have offered a solution other than don't drive in the 60 MPH range. Two of the service department refused to acknowledge there is a problem. Typical manufacturer denial. The problem appears to be in the computer/torque converter and is much more pronounced on concrete roads than on asphalt roads. One service manager suggested it was caused by the road surface, not the Liberty.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Jeep Liberty Suv in VA is:

$155 per month*