Horrible design - who thunk this one up?
By tcars1 on
2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
First I am 5'10" male and weight about 185 pounds, pretty average. We have this SUV as a rental for 1 week, it had 4980 miles on it and now has about 5200 miles. It is a 2011 and I am still stuck with it for 3 more days. Never again. Sit back as I tell you every reason not to buy this car. Opening the door and you are greeted with 1980s push button door handles. Uncomfortable to use, ugly, large and seem to be completely made of plastic. Sitting in the car and you are instantly ingested in plastic. Everything is plastic. There is no upper dashboard and the windshield is about 2 feet from your face. There is almost no were to put anything in the car. We found the seats hard to adjust and
Favorite Features
if you have legs you might as well chop them off at the knees (passenger side at the hip). There is NO leg room, zero. For some reason they put a LARGE ugly completely useless and intrusive halfmoon thick bar right at kneed height. The glove compartment is almost inaccessible and about 1 to 1.5 foot in dept with very little "natural leg" angle. Buy some shin guards as you will need them in combat with the plastic fantastic glove compartment. Getting in and out, bring some pain killers. Horrible design, truly shows what C and D grades in engineer class can produce. Another thing we found odd. When you hit the trunk button twice on the key it does not open or unlatch the rear door (trunk)
Suggested Improvements
but it does open the rear window. Huh> I have to be missing something here. The idle is rough and the car almost has a brake like action under 25 mph. It does not coast well. We have it in Florida and it takes well over 30-40 min to cool the car off. The air vents, they designed them with two separate movements. To move them up and down you move the vents but if you want to move them side to side you have to use a silly knob on the bottom. Why not just make them as one moveable unit? It took us 2 days to figure out how to turn on the doom lights. I know I know we should be smarter. The doom light button is on one of the "turn signal" knobs ?? Why?? This is the WORST vehicle I have driven!!