2011 Jeep Liberty struggles
By kayakjohn on
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I am the owner of a new Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4. This is my 5th Jeep. Coming from a 06 Jeep Liberty I am very pleased with the interior and roominess. The rear seats fold perfectly flat, so I can easily get my two mountain bikes inside. The roof rack is strong enough to carry my two kayaks on top. I also had to have a vechile that could be flat towed behind an RV. The command Trac II with a netural position allows this to be done. The poor side of this vechile is the engine and transmission. It has a feeling of a miss at highway speeds that the dealer can find no cure for and I am waiting for an answer from Jeep. Added to this is the poor fuel mileage. Getting about 16 mpg overall.
Favorite Features
flat folding rear seats. Garmin gps/entertainment system. Spare tire hidden underneath. comfortable heated seats.
Suggested Improvements
An up to date engine and transmission and a driveline with less vibration. Put the grab handles back in the forward window pillars. Gas shocks back in to hold the hood open. 12 volt outlet in rear cargo area.
By kayakjohn
on 01/21/11 08:14 AM (PST)

I have 3400 miles on my new 2011 Jeep Liberty and I'm ready to file a lemon law for it's engine problem. It's been to the dealers 4 times and they have no clue as to what causes the feeling of engine miss, rough running etc. My combined mpg is about 17, no better no matter how I drive. Other than this very anoying problem I like the Jeep Liberty and am trying to be paitent, waiting and hopeful that Jeep will come up with a fix!