Used 2011 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Most Helpful|
Love my Jeep Liberty Jet!
By jeepnsteven

2011 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Jeep Liberty Jet last month. I must say I am very please with my purchace! The interior is much more comfortable than my A4 I traded in on the jeep. Leather is very good quality along with the Infinity sound system. The ride quality is excellent again much better than my 06 A4. Exterior is great I love the Jet package with Chrome accents, Black out head lights, and 20" wheels! My dealer has been very good to me throughout the buying process even giving me 2 free fill ups and 4 free oil changes, because of a grease print a detailer left on the roof liner in the interior when they were cleaning (which they removed). Starting to feel a Miss at high speeds will be taking it tomorrow.

Favorite Features

Infinity Sound System Jet Package

Horrible design - who thunk this one up?
By tcars1

2011 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

First I am 5'10" male and weight about 185 pounds, pretty average. We have this SUV as a rental for 1 week, it had 4980 miles on it and now has about 5200 miles. It is a 2011 and I am still stuck with it for 3 more days. Never again. Sit back as I tell you every reason not to buy this car. Opening the door and you are greeted with 1980s push button door handles. Uncomfortable to use, ugly, large and seem to be completely made of plastic. Sitting in the car and you are instantly ingested in plastic. Everything is plastic. There is no upper dashboard and the windshield is about 2 feet from your face. There is almost no were to put anything in the car. We found the seats hard to adjust and

Favorite Features

if you have legs you might as well chop them off at the knees (passenger side at the hip). There is NO leg room, zero. For some reason they put a LARGE ugly completely useless and intrusive halfmoon thick bar right at kneed height. The glove compartment is almost inaccessible and about 1 to 1.5 foot in dept with very little "natural leg" angle. Buy some shin guards as you will need them in combat with the plastic fantastic glove compartment. Getting in and out, bring some pain killers. Horrible design, truly shows what C and D grades in engineer class can produce. Another thing we found odd. When you hit the trunk button twice on the key it does not open or unlatch the rear door (trunk)

Suggested Improvements

but it does open the rear window. Huh> I have to be missing something here. The idle is rough and the car almost has a brake like action under 25 mph. It does not coast well. We have it in Florida and it takes well over 30-40 min to cool the car off. The air vents, they designed them with two separate movements. To move them up and down you move the vents but if you want to move them side to side you have to use a silly knob on the bottom. Why not just make them as one moveable unit? It took us 2 days to figure out how to turn on the doom lights. I know I know we should be smarter. The doom light button is on one of the "turn signal" knobs ?? Why?? This is the WORST vehicle I have driven!!

2011 - 70th Anniversary Jeep Liberty
By retrorob

2011 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Love my Jeep! I have nothing but positive things to say about the Jeep Liberty KK! Look, this vehicle is a true SUV, so please stop comparing it to crossover vehicles! It's a rear wheel drive based 4x4 that can tow 5,000 lbs. It is square-shaped, it's truck-like, and that's what I like about it! It's really too bad real SUV's are going extinct. My 70th Anniversary Liberty has the 18" wheels, which are remarkably smooth on pavement. I actually like the 3.7 V6. It is a truck motor with decent torque and it powers the 2011 Liberty just fine (even pulling a trailer). Use the ECO Mode when driving to help with MPG. Interactive Decel Fuel Shut Off - shuts off fuel during deceleration.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive system + being able to choose 2 wheel rear drive. Heated leather seats are comfortable. The U-Connect Navigation Radio is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

None.

Love this thing!!
By hzorn23

2011 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best car I have owned. I recently moved into a mountain home, and needed to trade in the city car for a 4x4. This car has not failed me in the mud, snow, or steep mountain roads yet! Would suggest to anyone.

Favorite Features

Drives well, easy to operate,reliable, tons of room for the dogs, kiddos, etc. Comfortable seats, and great extras like Sirius.

My 70 Edition Liberty
By kenphilr

2011 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best value for the Dollar in a 4X4. I have had it for 90 Days and love every minute with it. The fuel economy has been 18MPG overall for 4000 Miles. Not bad for 4 Wheel drive.

Favorite Features

The audio system with a 30Gb hard drive rocks. We also love the flip up rear glass, for loading long things like wood trim and general lumber. The Heated leather seats are also one of our favorites.