2011 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Love this thing!!
By hzorn23 on 03/14/13 11:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best car I have owned. I recently moved into a mountain home, and needed to trade in the city car for a 4x4. This car has not failed me in the mud, snow, or steep mountain roads yet! Would suggest to anyone.

2011 KK Limited
By staggerlee41 on 09/05/11 17:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my 02 Liberty Sport and took advantage of Jeep's year end incentives. I bought the Limited version and couldn't be more pleased. Loved my 02 with 135k miles (engine still going strong) and felt right at home in this one. This vehicle is one that I can drive with confidence off road and on pavement, the vehicle is built to last, it's a tank! It gets excellent NTHSA ratings. I'm not sure which version the reviewer took out, but I don't find the engine to be unresponsive. Perhaps compared to a sedan or even a plush wanna be SUV crossover vehicle it may be. What a pleasure to drive, so comfortable! It's a Jeep, not sure what you would expect? Not a wanna be SUV, its the real deal!

Love my Jeep Liberty Jet!
By jeepnsteven on 08/30/11 08:02 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Jeep Liberty Jet last month. I must say I am very please with my purchace! The interior is much more comfortable than my A4 I traded in on the jeep. Leather is very good quality along with the Infinity sound system. The ride quality is excellent again much better than my 06 A4. Exterior is great I love the Jet package with Chrome accents, Black out head lights, and 20" wheels! My dealer has been very good to me throughout the buying process even giving me 2 free fill ups and 4 free oil changes, because of a grease print a detailer left on the roof liner in the interior when they were cleaning (which they removed). Starting to feel a Miss at high speeds will be taking it tomorrow.

My 70 Edition Liberty
By kenphilr on 08/30/11 06:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best value for the Dollar in a 4X4. I have had it for 90 Days and love every minute with it. The fuel economy has been 18MPG overall for 4000 Miles. Not bad for 4 Wheel drive.

Horrible design - who thunk this one up?
By tcars1 on 08/05/11 22:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

First I am 5'10" male and weight about 185 pounds, pretty average. We have this SUV as a rental for 1 week, it had 4980 miles on it and now has about 5200 miles. It is a 2011 and I am still stuck with it for 3 more days. Never again. Sit back as I tell you every reason not to buy this car. Opening the door and you are greeted with 1980s push button door handles. Uncomfortable to use, ugly, large and seem to be completely made of plastic. Sitting in the car and you are instantly ingested in plastic. Everything is plastic. There is no upper dashboard and the windshield is about 2 feet from your face. There is almost no were to put anything in the car. We found the seats hard to adjust and

Buy a different car
By kevin_in_sales on 07/25/11 06:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I drive this as a company car. It has got to be one of the worst decisions my employer has made. The ride is harsh. The interior is out of the 80s with hard plastic. The transmission seems to be locked into the motor creating a car that won't really coast. It almost seems to be like a 5 speed manual transmission that you can never get out of fourth. The footwell design is horrible and not suited for long excursions. You have to have your foot turned outward to press the gas. There is not space beside the gas pedal on the right side. Really weird and not thought out at all. The worst part right now is that the car will not cool itself within 15 minutes of driving if parked outside.

Poor quality falling apart not a family vehicle
By rayb52 on 05/19/11 14:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The side molding on the doors is falling off and is not covered under warranty. Have only had the vehicle for 45 days. I am told that the simple brushing on the side of the seal may make it come off. This vehicle has PLASTIC side runners on the doors measuring 3-4” wide, it is nearly impossible for an adult much less a child to step in & out of the vehicle without stepping on them. These too are coming off and are also not covered by the warranty. My son is 5 y/o 45 lb, I can't imagine if an adult will step on it, it will come right off!!!

Great Jeep
By eraseraj on 04/12/11 08:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2011 white Liberty Limited in December of 2010. This is my 3rd Jeep, my last two jeep vehicles that I owned were a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo loaded with all the extras. I was a bit worried about quality not buying another Grand Cherokee but the dealer gave me such a good deal on this liberty I could not pass it up. Over 4 months of owning it and I love it! The 18 inch chrome wheels make the white stand out. I got the model with the dark brown interior and the black dash panels along with a light headliner combo, Jeep really did the color combination in this car right. As far as the mechanics go, the engine runs smooth; the transmission shifts smooth, the command track II 4 wheel drive works great just have to remember to turn it off when you get to dry pavement; the system performs like a diff locker so it does not do well with turns on a none slick surface. The Jeep I think has a lot of power for a V6 it’s never going to be a race car but it gets the job done. I am so happy once again with my purchase that I will be buying another Jeep in the future.

It's a Jeep. Realize that and you'll love it.
By jeepguy2011 on 02/10/11 07:37 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My first Jeep & it's everything I expected. Only have had it three weeks - about 800 miles. Gas mileage is 15-16 mix -stop and go and highway- Don't consider that bad for a 6 cylinder Jeep that weighs 4000 lbs. The interior is comfortable, not luxurious; it's a Jeep. Love the exterior & the Blackberry is a great color. Yes it's a tad slow from a deadstop, but passing ability is great and it feels like a solid vehicle. Great in snow. Slight body lean, but it's a Jeep. Technology is good. Like the new "ECO" mode, keeps you aware of how you're driving. So far no performance or other issues. It's fun to drive, has plenty of room & looks cool. I'm happy I bought it!

2011 Jeep Liberty struggles
By kayakjohn on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am the owner of a new Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4. This is my 5th Jeep. Coming from a 06 Jeep Liberty I am very pleased with the interior and roominess. The rear seats fold perfectly flat, so I can easily get my two mountain bikes inside. The roof rack is strong enough to carry my two kayaks on top. I also had to have a vechile that could be flat towed behind an RV. The command Trac II with a netural position allows this to be done. The poor side of this vechile is the engine and transmission. It has a feeling of a miss at highway speeds that the dealer can find no cure for and I am waiting for an answer from Jeep. Added to this is the poor fuel mileage. Getting about 16 mpg overall.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Liberty in VA is:

$142 per month*